yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Feature: Autumn is the Best Season [in New England]

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Autumn commenced just this past Thursday on September 22nd. This season is so magical, especially for someone like me, being from Hawaii that virtually has no seasons. Not only is nature at the utmost beauty with the multitude of different burgundy, orange, and yellow leaves falling from all the trees and blanketing the ground, but there are so many different occasions that this season is affiliated with.

Channeling my inner-city character, I have to bring up the pumpkin spice lattes that are sold exclusively during autumn at Starbucks. Not only are there hot pumpkin spice lattes, there are also other things sold with the pumpkin spice flavor, such as Cheerios and Godiva chocolates. It’s the perfect taste to accompany the holiday season.

Thanksgiving means so much more to me now that I am able to experience seasons. There’s nothing like starting a fire in the fireplace whilst the aroma of roast turkey and cranberry sauce fills the air. Cozying up by the fireplace and crocheting leg warmers gives me such a comfort only affiliated with the autumn season. Knowing that it’s not too cold to the point where I have to wear three layers of coats and jackets, yet it’s cold enough to wear sweaters, scarves, and boots, makes autumn fashion so fun.

Autumn fashion has to be my second favorite thing about the season (after nature’s beauty in transition)–there is so much pleasure in layering cardigans, sweaters, and scarves together. There is a misconception that you cannot wear your summer wardrobe during autumn; one of the facets that make autumn fashion so fun is that you find creative ways in transforming your summer wardrobe to that of an autumn one. For example, wearing long sleeves underneath your summer dresses. It’s relaxing to go through your clothes, pick out autumn outfits and clean out your wardrobe. It’s like some sort of cleansing.

There are so many amazing things affiliated with the autumn season. I hope you’re looking forward to it as much as I am!​