This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

You may be asking yourself what is a JWUG or am I a JWUG? A JWUG is junior washed up girl. There are other variations to JWUG such as SWUG, senior washed up girl. And if you think you might be a JWUG don’t worry, below we have provided easy steps to becoming a true JWUG.

Steps to fulfilling full JWUG status:

Never dress up for class. A true JWUG never puts in any effort. Athletic clothes or a sweat suit will suffice. The less time you put into getting ready, the better.

No social life? No problem! Stay in on the weekends and eat Kim’s Kitchen while watching TV in the common room of your dorm building.

Take copious amounts of naps to really affirm how washed up you truly are.

Treat yo self, EVERY SINGLE DAY. Eat that pizza, drink that vanilla latte (extra whip), and get those garlic knots because life is hard and you deserve it.

Misery loves company. Get your friends to join in on that wondrous JWUG life.

Michaela Pinette is a junior at Bates College. She is a Biology and Economics double major. In her free time, she enjoys napping, going to the gym, watching the bachelor, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and pulling all-nighters to finish homework.
Elizah Laurenceau is a senior at Bates College. Her hobbies consist of rewatching Call Me By Your Name, using Huji to take pictures, and playing with her dog. She spends her days either glued on her computer or late nights finishing up work.