Campus Cutie: Seamus Kelley ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

This week, Her Campus Bates is excited to feature Seamus Kelley as Campus Cutie!

Name: Seamus Kelley

Age: 20

Birthday: July 5

Year: Sophomore

Major: Chemistry (Boys who do STEM)

Hometown: Troy, NY

Relationship Status: Taken (sorry ladies)

How are you involved on campus: loosely involved on the Sailing Team, Intermural Basketball team, Bates Fishing Club (if it’s still around), and I work in the Merrill Gym laundry room

Cool Hobbies: very into puzzles (750 piece is the max), fishing, rollerblading, mini golf

What’s something unique about yourself: I love Indian and Chinese food, but not Chinese-Indian Food

Favorite sports team: Notre Dame, NY Giants, Red Soxs, NY Rangers, NY Knicks

Favorite color: Blue

Secret talents: I can juggle 4 balls at a time, I did a handstand once, I’m secretly/kind of afraid of cheese

Favorite Commons Meal: Chicken Focaccia with Israeli Couscous or Chicken Corn Chowder

Favorite drink: Chocolate milk or orange soda

What is your spirit animal and why: After multiple online quizzes, I have always gotten the grizzly bear. Maybe that’s because I’m really big and like to fish. But if I could choose, I would be a goat because I follow an insane amount of goat accounts on Instagram.

Favorite movie: The Departed and Caddy Shack

If you could pick any super power what would it be and why: I want to be Food Boy, like in the Film Food Boy. Watch that movie.

Favorite singer or group: Kendrick Lamar or Bob Dylan

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you: Commons was very packed on morning and some kid bumped into me. And I dropped my cereal bowl and it shattered. So, everyone clapped.

Favorite place on campus: Over Short Term, I loved Garcelon. It was like a mini beach. And the quad by the chapel.

Dream car: Chevrolet Camaro because of Bumble Bee from Transformers. And the Batmoblie

Bates girls are best because: my girlfriend is the one!

Elizah Laurenceau is a senior at Bates College. Her hobbies consist of rewatching Call Me By Your Name, using Huji to take pictures, and playing with her dog. She spends her days either glued on her computer or late nights finishing up work.