Campus Cutie: Max Alley ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Everyone, meet Max Alley, our campus cutie of the week. A ravishingly handsome young man with pipes that can serenade and woo the masses, Max is a staple of campus culture. A charming member of the a capella group, the ManOps, when at Bates, Max can often be found at rehearsal in Olin or on the turf field playing ultimate frisbee with a few friends. Originally from Briarcliff Manor, New York, Max is now down south in Buenos Aires, Argentina where he is currently enjoying high concentrations of sunshine, the beautiful people, and the opportunity to improve his Spanish.

Catch up with the adventures of Max Alley through our interview with him:

Boxers or briefs? Why?

I exclusively wear boxer briefs with nice pastel colors. Some are actually purple. They are by far the most comfy and are very breathable. They are also socially acceptable to wear around the dorm without pants. I haven’t had a wedgie since 2005 and I intend to keep it that way.

Where are you from?

I’m from a little hamlet in Westchester, New York called Briarcliff Manor. It’s a sleepy, beautiful town where 5 pizza places make up half of the town. It’s about 30 minutes from NYC by train. Bill Clinton lives one town over and plays golf near my house. I almost hit him with my car once.

What is your star sign?

I was born October 23rd so I’m a Libra or a Scorpio depending on how I’m feeling that day. After I bit of research I found out that those who live on the cusp are “some of the most sexually switched on individuals in the Zodiac.”

What is an ideal date for you?

Definitely the Zoo or anything out of the ordinary. My best date was at the Museum of Natural history!

What are you studying?

Psychology! Minor in Spanish.

What are your future ambitions and goals?

I love technology and music. I’d love to work for any company that works with music consumption such as Spotify or Eventbrite. I think I could rock the San Francisco/Silicon valley lifestyle for a while and eventually start my own venture.

Relationship status?

My relationship status is currently held in abeyance. It’s difficult to date long distance while abroad.

Favorite trait about your partner if you have a partner?

My ideal partner must be open to new experiences and trying crazy and outlandish things! Oh also she must have good taste in music.

Where are you right now?

I’m in Buenos Aires, Argentina aka the most incredible city in the southern hemisphere.

How is the abroad experience?

Abroad is nuts. I’ve been communicating almost entirely in Spanish for a month now and it’s been incredible. Argentines stay out partying until 7:00am on weekends which has been a crazy adjustment. Also, there are beautiful people everywhere.

Tell us three things we don’t know about you.

I went to nature camp until I was 9 years old and I can still name about 300 different animals.

Once I’ve had a little bit to drink I get really exited about freestyle rapping and don’t care how bad I am.

Somehow my best friend and I ended up co-presidents of our high school

Favorite song to serenade someone with?

Same Girl by R. Kelly and Usher

What do you listen to?

60% Rap, 20% Indie, 20% Misc.

Favorite artists: Kanye West, Phoenix, White Stripes, Action Bronson

What do you do on campus?

I’m live for the Manic Optimists (or the ManOps), the steeziest a cappella group on campus! I’m also on the men’s ultimate team, OOOooohhh WHIP!!! I’ve also been known to play some tunes on WBRC 91.5 as DJ Mad Max.

Where do you shop?

My wardrobe is a combination of things my sister picks out for me and random things that I stumble upon.

What makes you happy?

Meeting new people, discovering new music that I like. I also really enjoy cooking bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches in the morning after a particularly long night.

What is your favorite restaurant in Lewiston?

Mother India without a doubt. Curry gets me all hot and bothered.

HerCampus Bates College Co-Founder Find me at: http://heelsandthesoul.com