Campus Cutie: Julian Hackney ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Photo Credit: Michelle Pham

Name: Julian Hackney

Hometown: Bronx, NY

Major: African American Studies and Rhetoric

Year: 2015

Astrological Sign: Aries

Relationship Status: Single

Photo Credit: Michelle Pham

Pick one food to eat for the rest of your life: Guac and chips

Favorite Pick-up Line: I thought happiness started with an H. Why does mine start with U?

Dream Date: Lunch in a hot air balloon

What is one thing that no one would be able to guess about you? I have this notepad where I brainstorm and map out concepts for television series and short films. Concepts I like to call “simply complex.”

If you could switch lives with someone for one week, who would you pick? Spike Lee. It would be interesting to see how he creates films that are entertaining and fun but critical and well thought out at the same time. But besides that, he has really good season passes tickets to the Knicks games.

Three albums you would take to a desert island: College Dropout – Kanye West, Acid Rap – Chance The Rapper, Illmatic – Nas

Celebrity Crush: This is always a tough one. Between Meagan Good, Sza, and Rihanna.

First thing you notice about a girl: Her smile

Top three favorite qualities in a girl: Intelligent, honest, and open-minded.

Where would you go with a time machine? I’d go to the future. Finally get to see if we have flying cars, house robots, and discovered life in another galaxy by then. I’d also pop in on my great (x4) grandchildren and see what they’re up to. It would be cool to compare the culture of now to then, like what will be a pressing concern in 2250.

Becca Carifio is a senior history major at Bates College. Obsessed with coffee, scarves, videos of cute animals and polka dots. Currently trying to convince her parents that reading comic books for her thesis on Wonder Woman during World War II is worth their tuition money.