Campus Cutie: David Alfaro ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie, David Alfaro ’15, is just as sweet as the desserts he bakes. This cutie is always up for an adventure — after graduation, he is heading to China to work as an educational consultant for Dipont Management Group…even though he barely speaks any Mandarin. Get to know this cutie before he graduates, and if you’re lucky, maybe he’ll bake you cheesecake…

Name: David Alfaro

Hometown: Los Angeles

Major: Sociology

Year: 2015

Astrological sign: Sagittarius

Relationship status: Single

Sexual orientation: Straight

Favorite thing about Short Term? Definitely the relaxed pace — it reminds me of the Cali lifestyle. 

What are you involved in on campus? DJ Society and baking

Ideal job: Graffiti artist. (Editor’s note: David is quite the Snapchat artist.

After graduation plans: I got a job in Shanghai. 

Places where you can most often be found: Commons or Merrill. 

Any summer plans? Camp with my family in California before heading to China.

Pick one food to eat for the rest of your life: Peanut butter. 

You have a whole Saturday afternoon free. What do you choose to do? Make a chocolate chip peanut butter cheesecake, of course!

Pick-up line: I’d turn vegan for you.

Dream date: Do Wipeout course with a date — and have her beat me on some…only some.

Photo Credit

What would you do if you won the lottery? Finally have the funds to start NGO aimed at bringing educational opportunities to underserved communities worldwide.

If you could date a fictional character, who would you date and why? Katniss — I like that she is resourceful and capable of thinking outside the box.

What superpower would you pick? Telekinesis.

Pick your Patronus: Roadrunner.

Photo Credit

Craziest thing you’ve ever done? Take a job in China without knowing more than two phrases in Mandarin…should be interesting.

How would your friends describe you in three words? Resourceful, hungry, Mexican.

Current Netflix obsession? Chopped & Cupcake Wars.

Life motto: Donut panic!

What’s your theme song: Sabor a Mi by Luis Miguel.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Brugge, Belgium. It’s like something out of a fairytale — charming and very romantic.

Celebrity Crush: Aubrey Plaza and/or Taylor Swift. 

(Plaza on left; Swift on rightPhoto Credit

First thing you notice about a girl: Eyes and posture.

Top three favorite qualities in a girl: Sense of humor, creative, witty.

What is the best way to make a good first impression on you? Show interest in food or fitness.

David and his sister.

Do you have your eye on anyone at Bates? Perhaps…

What is one thing on your Bates bucket list? Leave with no regrets.

Becca Carifio is a senior history major at Bates College. Obsessed with coffee, scarves, videos of cute animals and polka dots. Currently trying to convince her parents that reading comic books for her thesis on Wonder Woman during World War II is worth their tuition money.