Campus Cutie: Astrid Bodtker ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie, Astrid Bodtker is easy to spot around Bates (usually in the library) by her bright smile, fabulous outfits and sassy attitude. Think you can keep up with this quatrilingual international jetsetter? Her Campus Bates tracked down this cutie to get the answers to our hard hitting questions. 

Name: Astrid Bodtker

Hometown: Zurich, Switzerland

Major: Economics & Psychology

Year: 2018

Astrological sign: Taurus

Relationship status: Single

Best class at Bates: Holocaust in History with Abraham Peck

Ideal job: Something that would allow me to travel all over the world.

Place on campus where you can most often be found: In the library.

Pick a pick-up line: I lost my teddy bear, will you sleep with me?

What is one thing that would surprise people about you? People are always surprised to find out that I have four siblings.

If you could switch lives with someone for one week, who would you pick? Any well-known art thief. 

What superpower would you pick? Teleportation, then I never have to spend any time traveling to places.

Craziest thing you’ve ever done? I went on this waterpark ride in Dubai called the Leap of Faith. It’s an almost-vertical drop that turns into a tube, and the tube goes through a tank filled with sharks. It’s a huge adrenaline rush!

What is your friends’ favorite quality about you? Apparently, I am blunt, but never mean…

Current Neflix obsession? Grey’s Anatomy

First thing you notice about a boy: Eyes

Top three favorite qualities (personality) in a boy: A sense of humor, smart (but not cocky about it)…I hate lists. 

Where would you go with a time machine? To one of the caves where the Nazis hid the art they stole.

Top place you want to visit: Beirut, Lebanon

What is one thing on your Bates bucket list: I have yet to go to Nezinscot Farm.

Becca Carifio is a senior history major at Bates College. Obsessed with coffee, scarves, videos of cute animals and polka dots. Currently trying to convince her parents that reading comic books for her thesis on Wonder Woman during World War II is worth their tuition money.