Campus Celebrity: Dean Paolucci ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Each and every day he graces Bates with his presence. While not to be mistaken for an official dean of the college, he nevertheless commands the respect of the student body with his intelligence and charm. You can spot him as he slowly strolls to class, meanwhile breaking the hearts of girls everywhere with his pastels and khakis. If you get the opportunity to get close to him, you might even be so lucky as to get one of his business cards. After incessant begging for his attention, Her Campus Bates finally got an exclusive interview with the wonder that is “Dean Paolucci.”

Class year: 2016

Hometown: New Jersey

Area of study: Politics!

Do you have a girlfriend? I don’t think so?

What are you involved in on campus? A little bit of this a little bit of that. I’m also in charge of parking on campus; It’s sort of my passion.

One word that describes you? Expedient. 

What are some of your hobbies? I’m pretty boring when it comes to recreation. Recently, I’ve gotten very into fishing, and I’ve always loved hockey. My oldest hobby is probably cooking. I used to sneak into restaurant kitchens all the time as a child. 

Something we don’t know about you? When I was a toddler I got a toilet seat stuck on my head for roughly six hours. Luckily, the scarring was strictly emotional. 

A day in the life of Dean:  My typical day usually starts out with 1/4-1/2 gallon of diet coke. Shortly after, I put on some khakis, and then the day kind of just goes until I collapse at 4am. I don’t sleep very much. 

What will you miss most about Bates when you graduate? People watching in Commons. 

Advice for new students? Guys, go find an ironing board. Girls, I’m yet to encounter a situation where they have ever been acceptable, but white jeans and crop tops don’t fly after Labor Day. 

Tell us about Ferris the Labrador: Ferris is my little pupster! He’s a two-year-old black lab that refuses to go up or down staircases and hates movement in general. He also has the world’s softest ears. I couldn’t love a human baby as much as I love that dog.

P.S. Ferris is currently single. You can check him out @ferristhelabrador on Insta. Blondes only. He’s pretty shallow…

Guilty pleasure? Chipwiches 

What is your type? I’m a sucker for some pretty eyes and a nice smile. Those never change no matter how old you get.

Favorite TV Show/Movie? Meet Joe Black is on of my all time favorite movies. I’ve also been know to watch How It’s Made for days, sometimes weeks, at a time. 

If you could switch places with any celeb, who would it be and why? Alec Baldwin. He’s a national treasure. 

Style inspiration? Lagerfeld.  

What would you do if you won the lottery? Probably lock up a few rental properties and collect on them until I had any real responsibilities of my own. However, I’d be lying to you if I said I never considered renting out a Turkish bath house and flooding it with scotch. 

What’s your theme song? Detroit Rock City by Kiss. Just kidding, I’m not that cool. It’s probably something by Madonna, lets go with, Dress You Up. 

Favorite food? Prosciutto. QED. 

Celebrity girl crush? Tie between the ESPN blondes and the Fox News blondes.

Life motto? Treat me well, I’ll treat you better.

Gif sources: 1, 2, 3