Blog: Would you like a cup of tea?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Photo Credit

The weather is getting cold. Soon, we will have to fight against flu and cold. Especially in this cold weather, I would like to suggest a cup of tea with smooth music, candle, and fuzzy blanket. (Oh! The candle is not allowed in Bates buildings, however, try it when you are not on campus!) Here are some benefits of drinking tea and tea recommendation:

• Did you know that cup of warm green tea with a teaspoon of sugar may help you to reduce facial bloating in the morning? It helps your metabolism and will get rid of a puffy face in the morning! 
  • Regarding health benefits, tea is the best medicine. Tea helps you to lose weight, protect your bone (WOW! According to the data of animal studies green tea contributes to preventing bone loss), may reduce a risk of heart attack and stroke, etc. Drink tea and keep yourself healthy! 
  • There are food and tea pairings like wine and food. Tea will help you to digest and will make your food much more flavorful. — here’s a list of food and tea pairings that you can try: http://www.teaclass.com/lesson_0313.html
  • Jasmine Tea: Personally, Jasmine Tea is my all time favorite. I would love to drink Jasmine tea every day if I could. Jasmine is the perfect elegant tea that once you try you will love it for sure. Drinking Jasmine tea is excellent for aromatherapy that will relieve your stress, good for anti-aging that will make your skin smooth and beautiful, etc. 
  • Matcha: According to The World of Tea, Matcha is made from young tea leaves that are crushed into a fine and glowy green powder. Matcha increases your energy levels and endurance, burns calories, detox your body, etc. Tips! If you add a spoon or two of matcha powder on your vanilla ice cream, trust me it’s one of the best dessert combinations! 
  • Chrysanthemum Tea: One of my favorite floral tea is Chrysanthemum. If you see the flower bloom in your tea, it makes you feel very relaxed, and it tastes amazing as well. I would recommend adding a teaspoon of honey if you like sweets. Chrysanthemum tea used to treat patients with blood pressure related symptoms such as headaches and dizziness. Also, it helps you to digest as well.