Bates College, Snow Problems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Photo Credit

Is it just us, or did the entirety of winter just get condensed into one week? Just when think that it couldn’t snow anymore, Bates is hit with another full-on blizzard today, and the snow is expected to continue until at least 10pm tonight. Looking out the window right now, the campus looks like a scene straight out of Frozen, with the swirling flurries of snow completely enveloping the bundled-up dark specks of brave students venturing to class. In honor of this, ‘wicked hahd’ (as the Mainers would say) week of winter, HCB has compiled a list of our worst winter woes

1. Trying to walk across snowy pathways like: 

Photo Credit

2. Feeling vicariously bad for someone who slips on snow/ice: 

Photo Credit

3. Then, being the one slipping and trying to play it off like no one saw: 

Photo Credit

4. When your friend gets the Bates plague: 

Photo Credit

5. When you get the Bates plague: 

Photo Credit

6. Taking thirty minutes to leave Commons because you have to put on all your winter gear: 

Photo Credit

7. When you decide to wear a skirt out on the weekend anyway, even though it’s below freezing: 

Photo Credit

8. Looking at the weather forecast: 

Photo Credit

9. Leaving Ladd to go to dinner and being hit by the cold: 

Photo Credit

10. Leaving your jacket at a party: 

Photo Credit

11. Layers got you walking to class like: 

Photo Credit

12. Hunkering down with Netflix in bed on a Friday night because it’s just too cold to go hang out anywhere else on campus:  

Photo Credit

13. Thinking about Short Term: 

Photo Credit

SPRING, PLEASE COME FASTER. Or maybe we will just hibernate until Gala…

Becca Carifio is a senior history major at Bates College. Obsessed with coffee, scarves, videos of cute animals and polka dots. Currently trying to convince her parents that reading comic books for her thesis on Wonder Woman during World War II is worth their tuition money.