stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Tips for Bates (not the basketball kind) March Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.
Welcome back Bobcats! March is here; Bates March is one of the hardest months. To overcome Bates (not the basketball kind) March madness here are some tips.

Wake up early in the morning 
  •  I know this is the hardest part, but if you invest some time in the morning, a whole day, furthermore entire week and month would be different. Wake up early in the morning. Get some nice healthy breakfast and take a time to organize your day and thoughts before class.
  • If you are nocturnal, and can not wake up in the morning at all, just make sure that you organize your plan and schedule for the next day before you go to bed. 

Make sure you manage your time well
  • Since you don’t have long weekend nor break in March. You won’t have extra time to do your homework or study for your exam. Don’t waste your spare time in between classes or extra time before and after dinner. If you don’t waste extra an hour or two, you can get extra sleep or extra hours to work out or spending time with friends.
  • Sometimes, you are tempting to skipping class. But please do not. Skipping class will cause more stress. Think about it, if you miss class notes and class discussion, you might have extra work for the next class, and that might cause more stress in the future. Make a smart choice (: 
  • Weekend: It is important to socialize with friends. But make sure you relax and rest to recharge for the upcoming week. 

Stay healthy
  • Make sure you are eating well and work out.
  • You don’t have to go to the gym if you don’t want to. But make sure that you move around once in a while when you study and work. Even dancing around in your room for 10-15minutes might refresh your mind. It’s good for stress relief as well. 

• Hygiene is vital. Make sure you shower regularly and keep yourself clean. (:

Happy March and Good luck to you all!