Things I love about Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Winter break is my happy place, and I’ve been having major withdrawals ever since I got back on campus. It’s the only time of the year when you don’t need to worry about homework, internships, or being productive. But there’s a lot more than lazing around that’s great about winter break; here are my top 3 favorites: 

1. BEING HOME

There’s nothing like being home with your family, friends and loved ones during the holidays. It’s all about making new memories and cherishing old ones! If there’s anything I’ve realized after moving to college, it’s that all those silly traditions and movie nights I complained about as a young teenager, are what I appreciate the most now. There’s nothing like catching up with old friends or indulging in your mom’s home cooked meal. 

2. Holiday Themed Parties

= More excuses to shop for festive outfits + more reasons to not feel guilty about skipping the gym + more time to spend with friends and family and the list goes. Holiday themed parties are super fun, and only give you and extra reason to go shop for yourself. It’s the only time of the year when everyone always manages to look like his or her best and truly have some fun. 

3. The sole pleasure of not having to do anything

The greatest part about having a break is the idea that you don’t have to do anything, but at the same time you have all the time in the world to catch up on hobbies you’ve been to busy at school to keep up with, or simply just spend a day in bed watching Netflix. 

Can’t wait to see you again next year, winter break xoxo