TechThursday: Dapsity is the Job “Tinder”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

With all the stress surrounding looking for jobs – “is my resume ok?” “Does my cover letter say what it needs to?”  “Should I not have chosen this major?” – the last thing you need is for the actual search to be stressful, too. Dapsity, a new app for the job search, takes away the clutter that you really don’t need to sift through after a long day at the job you don’t like. This new app makes it as easy as swiping for a hookup on Tinder – literally.

Tinder might not help you find your dream man, but with Dapsity, you can swipe-right to find your dream job – or at least save them all to one place. Then, you can email the job or apply through the app for convenience. And this is only one of the unique features. When you swipe left, you delete an unwanted job, so the jobs you’re not interested in don’t keep popping up. It also connects to both LinkedIn and Facebook, so everyone you know is in one place. Human interaction actually becomes part of the search. This also helps show you who you know at each company, along with giving you a full job description. Also, no more extra steps to an advanced search, because every search is an advanced search; with easy job search selections, you can be as specific or broad in your criteria as you please.

Users from the public beta – who swiped over 300,00 times through the one-by-one job cards – called the app “less overwhelming than Indeed” and an “excellent, easy, and fun way to search for your next career.” Since it’s the “best up and coming business app on the market,” make sure you get it now while it’s free on iTunes!

Gaby Kirschner

Columbia Barnard

Barnard '16. Writing in NYC.
Liana Gergely

Columbia Barnard