Senior Fall as Told by GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Fall has finally arrived. The leaves are turning, the pumpkin spice latte is back, and you have absolutely no idea what you’re going to do with your life. Welcome to senior year, where the stakes are higher, the eligible romantic prospects just seem to be getting younger and younger, and the grass is always greener at the McKinsey coffee chat. Because I have senioritis and can’t write or type in full sentences, I’ve summed up this anxiety-provoking semester in a series of GIFs. Because unlike career fairs, unavoidable exes, and the line at Joe, Giphy never disappoints.

When your sweet, simple TA thinks you’re actually going to write a weekly blog post:

When you meet new people and have to pretend you’re not dead inside: 

When you tell that on-and-off since freshman year hook up that this is “definitely, never ever happening again”:

Cannon’s as a senior:

Your final John Jay Surf & Turf:

When your parents have the audacity to look at your tuition bill and ask you what flex is:

When anyone who isn’t you/your extended friend group tries to cut the line at 1020:

When you waste a good outfit on a pointless party:

When someone tries to tell you about all the different free restaurants at the Google complex:

When you’re listening to your friends’ thesis proposals:

When you’re honestly over flirtatious small talk: