Meet The New Editors In Chief Part 2: Tali Weisner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Tali Weisner

Year: 2015

How’d you get involved in HC? I started writing for HC last spring after meeting the one and only Liana Gergely, and served as Style Editor this past year. 

What are you most excited about for next year? I’m really excited to work with Rachel! We have a lot of ideas for the upcoming year – especially in light of how much bigger HCB has gotten just in the past few months – and we’re looking forward to implementing them. 

What can we expect to see on HC Barnard next year? At this point, we’ve talked about diversifying our content, and increasing the volume and quality of articles every week. You can look forward to some new columns,  and hopefully some partnerships with other campus organizations, and brands. 

Best thing about life at Columbia: I’ve met the best people at Columbia. Everybody’s driven and intelligent, but (a fairly solid contingency) can play pretty hard as well. Rachel and I both transferred so I think we both have a unique appreciation for Columbia, and all it has to offer. 

Worst things about life at Columbia: Chore wheels. 

Summer must haves: Brunch, Rooftops, an apartment preferably, a solid crew. 

Summer Plans: I’ll be interning at NBC in the CSR department, which handles all of their corporate and community outreach. I’m also looking forward to getting out downtown, and hopefully getting out of the city and hitting the beach once in a while. 

Liana Gergely

Columbia Barnard