This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

This fall, get out of your comfort zone of riding and combat boots and treat yourself to the new trendy booty. Fall is all about transitioning from the floral patterns of summer to the grunge vibes of autumn and we’re here to help you perfect this look with the ultimate new boot. 

Allow us to introduce you to the high rise booty: 

The new high-rise booty has become strikingly popular in the past month. With an elevated ankle space and a slim, but progressively chunky heel, these booties stand out from the shorter ones that have been in style for the past few years. Often times, the heel will be made of a different material and color than the rest of the shoe.

Topshop, for example, adopts a heel made out of toirtoise-shell, while rest of the booty is made from leather. 

For a sleeker look, stores like Zara offer the shoe with a black heel to match the rest of the boot.

These boots can be paired with virtually any wardrobe staple: jeans, trousers, dresses, or skirts, & can be dressed up or down. For a grunge look, boyfriend or distressed jeans would be essential. For an everyday look, leggings or skinny jeans could do the trick. Dresses and/or skirts can be paired with the booties for a more formal look. 

First year at Barnard exploring writing through HerCampus. Interested in studying law, exploring fashion, and aesthetically pleasing cafes in NYC.