Introducing the New Editors in Chief, Part Two: Najet Fazai

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

For the next two weeks we will be posting profiles of the new editors in chief of 2015-2016: two stylish, social-media savvy, intelligent women who are ready to take on Her Campus Barnard!

Name: Najet Fazai

School & Year: BC ’16

How did you get involved in HerCampus? 

My suitemate, Sam Fox, currently serves as the Features Editor for Her Campus. Back in September, she needed someone to write an article about brunch hotspots (aka: my #1 area of expertise), which my roommate and I offered to coauthor. Since then, I’ve had an incredible time writing articles for Her Campus! It’s the perfect creative outlet. 

How are you planning to leave your mark on HerCampus next year? 

I hope to continue the trajectory that Rachel and Tali have begun by increasing the number of writers and contributors to Her Campus. Her Campus has recently become recognized as a Barnard Governing Board Stage 1 recognized club, which is super exciting. I think that this new status will facilitate Sarah and me in expanding Her Campus’ overall on-campus presence in the upcoming year. Expect more tabling, give-aways, and fun events! 

Favorite thing about Columbia?

Its proximity to Thai Market. 

Fashion must haves?

Lots of black. And pink accents in various shades. Sophomore year, I never went anywhere without my hot pink tote. I also love my aviator sunglasses because they make me feel like an extra in Top Gun, and they’re so reflective that you can hang out with someone for hours without making direct eye contact. 

Summer plans?

Try every flavor of frozen yogurt at 16 Handles.