This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Midterms season: That’s right, readers, cuddling season came and went in the one week since you last heard from your favorite anonymous snarky HC babe. Now it’s time for us to enter the dark ages of midterms season where seats will be stolen in Butler, caffeine will become a food group, and you’ll come to the realization that just because you go to Columbia does not mean you need to be an Econ major. But have no fear — I’m here to guide your hopelessly lost souls through survival in this Great Depression.

Move libraries:

Butler is not the only place to be ~studious~ around here. In fact, this tip is more of a command. Butler is nothing but a dark hole of stress and tears. Maybe even consider studying outdoors on Low in commemoration of the final week of non-shitty weather. Alternatively, try Avery. It’s a pretty cozy and stress-free environment. However, be advised — bring a sweater, it feels like arctic freeze in Avery at all times.

Head to JJs:

They finally let Barnard gals swipe into JJs for a reason.

STRESS. FOOD. 

I’m serious about this one. Nourishment is key for survival of midterms season. And what better way to do it than with the amalgamation of oddly shaped fried food that is JJs? Advisement: on Sunday’s JJs has fried mac and cheese. Just going to leave that one there.

Eventually just give up:

Look, it’s ok. Chill out. Grades are really not worth the demolition of your mental health. I promise your family will still love you even if you get a B+ in Macro. 

And remember, readers, no matter how badly you fail, your favorite anonymous snarky HC babe is always there for you with more love, angst, and sarcasm than you could ever imagine.