How To Make it to Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

With the most planned, awaited, and only break of the spring semester only a month away, it’s time to start hustling. Sometimes we get so caught up in the excitement of the break, or are too exhausted from all those midterms, that we don’t really make the most of Spring Break with a lot of enthusiasm. Here are my top 4 ways to make sure you’re ready for Spring Break when it comes along:

1. Plan ahead, plan way ahead

Just because it’s Spring Break, it doesn’t mean instructors will refrain from assigning midterms right after, or problem sets for when we’re back. There’s nothing you can change about the deadlines, but what you can do is start planning advance, get your work and studying done before you’re off on your amazing vacation in the Caribbean or you’re off snoozing in your own bed back home!

2. Don’t starve yourself

I understand the fascination behind having the perfect beach body for Spring Break, but it is not worth starving yourself or going on crazy diet plans. The weeks before the break are the most demanding in terms of work load, so it is important that your body receives the right nutrition, so you’re healthy and fit when you take off! The best way to achieve your perfect body is eating right and working out. Setting up a workout schedule will not only help you get back in shape, but will also help you release all the extra stress.

3. Do what makes you happy

Don’t fall under the peer pressure of having to do what everyone else is doing, or going where everyone else is going. If your friends are planning something you don’t think you’ll enjoy, speak up and let them know how you feel, and figure out a middle ground. If you want to stay in bed at home and not go on the crazy holiday, feel free to do that. Make the most of this break, and come back energized!

4. Don’t stress about this

The whole idea of a break is to get rid of all the unwanted tension and stress, and to have lots of fun. Stressing over the break is completely pointless, and will only make you anxious as the dates come closer.

Make the most of the few days you have off this semester, and spend time relaxing, with loved ones, and doing things that truly make you happy!