Fitness Hacks: Scoring a Springtime Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Spring is – debatably – here! And even though I may still be wearing my winter coat while I write this, that means bathing suit season is about to be here too. So now is the time to shed that midterms weight/lack of will to ever work out and look towards the sunny future ahead! Here are some creative ideas to help you maintain that gorgeous bikini body.

1)   30 Day Challenge App

If you download this app, every time you look at your phone you’ll be reminded of your goals. The app has a diverse array of challenges, all designed to help you see a difference in within 30 days. Plus, $2.99 is a pretty good price for a basically unlimited fitness plan!

2)   Sign up for a 10k

Now that it’s bearable to walk outside again, why not try running? Visit the New York Road Runners website and sign up for an upcoming race! It costs around $30 and you get a weekly plan for your mileage. Bonus: it’s a great way to explore the city.

3)   Go on a “Fun Run”

If you’re interested in a little less commitment than the above option and are also a fan of booze and new friends, check out this running group. They’re known for their Wednesday night “Run and Chug,” where they start at a new bar every week, go for a run, and end up back at the bar to celebrate a successful workout.

Image via giphy.com

4)   Check out a kickboxing class

You’ll be concentrating so hard on getting the moves right and feeling like a badass secret agent that you won’t even realize what an incredible cardio workout you’re getting. Various locations across the city offer classes, and if you have a gym membership you might already be eligible for a free class!

5)   When in doubt, I think Crossfit is still a thing.

I still don’t know exactly what it is, but apparently it has a cult following and once you start you’ll just never want to stop, so be prepared for that.

Image via giphy.com