CWBS President: Rebecca Newman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Rebecca Newman
Major: Economics
Year: Class of 2012

What is CWBS?
Columbia Women’s Business Society is an organization that helps create a business leadership network between Columbia students and female professionals in New York City and beyond.

What are some of your duties?
As President, I work to bring companies and professionals to campus to meet our members in educational and recruiting-focused events. I also work all year to plan and host CWBS’ Annual Women’s Leadership Conference, a day-long conference in Low Library designed to expose Columbia undergraduate women to professional opportunities in varying fields of business. 

What’s your favorite part of the club?
My favorite part of CWBS is the amazing women, both students and professionals, I have had the opportunity to meet and work with throughout my time with the organization. I have gained incredible role models and mentors through this club and am always impressed by the  incredibly driven and successful women who become involved with the organization.

How does someone interested get involved?
If you are interested in joining CWBS, send an email to cwbs@columbia.edu and ask to be added to the listserv!

What snack food would you read the rest of your life if you had to pick one?
If I had to pick one snack food to eat for the rest of my life it would definitely be Goldfish crackers – they’ve always been my #1 comfort food!

Dream vacation?
My dream vacation is to go skiing in the Alps and then explore nearby European cities – the best combination: natural beauty and cultural exploration.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years I see myself living in New York City, working in finance, sailing or skiing on the weekends and being a mentor for CWBS members!

Giselle Boresta

Columbia Barnard

Giselle, Class of 2014 at Barnard College, is an Economics major with a minor in French. She was born in New York City, grew up in Ridgewood, NJ, and is excited to be back in her true hometown of New York City. She likes the Jersey Shore (the actual beach, not the show) and seeing something crazy in New York every day!