College Fashion Week Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

This past weekend, I got to attend College Fashion Week here in NYC! I was lucky enough to attend as a Social Media correspondent, covering the entire event on Her Campus’ Snapchat story for the night. It was an amazing experience to even attend the event, and because I was attending and covering the event for Her Campus, I got to sit in VIP/Press seating and see everything from the ideal perspective.

As I was covering the show for Her Campus, I got a chance to go behind the scenes in many ways: I got there early, got to see the venue get set up for the show, was able to go backstage, see the clothing, meet some of the models beforehand, and see all of the vendors before anyone got there! The sponsors for the event did an absolutely amazing job. Some of them were Fitbit, Vince Camuto, Bertha Watches, Rebecca Minkoff, Drybar, KIND bars, Maidenform, and Style Watch! Not going to lie, one of the coolest parts was getting a VIP swag filled with some amazing gifts from the sponsors, the biggest being a Fitbit Flex 2! Some other items from the swag bag that I’m excited to use are the Maidenform tights and thigh highs that were included.

At the event, there were four mini fashion shows: the first being Study Chic, the second being Festival, the third being Rush, and the fourth being Girls Night Out. Study Chic was partnered with Her Campus x My Social Canvas, Festival was partnered with Amuse Society (from Foray Collective), Rush was partnered with Ali and Ariel and Frill Clothing, and GNO was partnered with Bow & Drape. 

I think the best parts of the night were getting to attend with a close friend of mine, Sarah, and getting to see two of my favorite brands, Ali & Ariel (who I’ve worked with before), and Bow & Drape (keep your eyes peeled for our collab soon!), hit the runway! It was an amazing night of #girlpower and creativity and fashion all over the place.

Alicia S

Columbia Barnard