College Fashion Week Model Casting Call

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Hello collegiettes, and welcome back (almost) to the hallowed halls of Barnard. For all you freshmen -ahem, first years- get ready for the best four years of your life. Can’t wait to see all your smiling faces around campus in just a few days!If I’ve learned anything in my first year at Barnard, it’s that college women know fashion: we’re style-savvy, creative, and not afraid to let our unique fashion sense shine through. And with New York Fashion Week just around the corner, I must admit I’m a little jealous of the models strutting their stuff on the catwalk – being a part of fashion week is literally my dream. Anyone feel me?Lucky for us, Her Campus understands the struggle, and they’re bringing the runway to us. That’s right, Her Campus Nationals has decided to host a College Fashion Week in San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, and -of course- the fabulous NYC. The best part? YOU get to be a part of it.

The show in NYC is on Saturday, October 11, but before there can be a show, there has to be some models. That’s where you come in! All the models are students who go to college in NYC or the surrounding area, so this is your chance to shine, Barnard ladies! College Fashion Week is all about featuring real student models of all body types, and want the runway to reflect the diversity among collegiettes everywhere – so they’re collecting model applicant photos from anyone who wishes to participate, and it couldn’t be easier to apply:-Post one selfie headshot on your public instagram-Tag @hercampuscfw and @europeanwax and use #CastMeCFW and the hashtag of the city you want to model in (#NYC for us, obvi)-Head to CollegeFashionWeek.com and fill out the model application form – don’t’ forget to include the link to your instagram selfie!The only requirement is that you should be available 12:00 pm-9:00 pm on the day of the show (10/11/14) and the day before for rehearsal and a pre-show party. It’s so easy to apply, why wouldn’t you? I know you all Instagram anyway, so no excuses there!As if you need any more convincing, just wait till you hear the list of benefits if you’re chosen: 

-You’ll have the chance to model 2 different looks from Boohooo.com, receive a complimentary brow wax courtesy of European Wax Center, be pampered by TRESemmé and bareMinerals, receive a VIP goody bag, and get professional photos to add to your modeling portfolio. Ready to become the next Cara Delevingne? Yes please!

And if you have no interest in modeling, you can still come out to the show at Santos Party House on 10/11 to see the latest styles and support your fellow collegiettes! Plus European Wax Center will be there, hosting a brow bar. Honestly, what more could a girl ask for?See you there!HCXO

Sofia Lyons

Columbia Barnard

I'm a first year student at Barnard and aspiring fashion journalist, hoping to bring my fellow collegiettes some style tips & info about upcoming trends! I also love singing/songwriting, dancing, event planning, community service, eating good food, and exploring NYC.
Rachel Bernstein

Columbia Barnard