College Fashion Week 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Thought Fashion Week ended? Still upset because you didn’t win some the free tickets Givenchy raffled off for their show? Well you’re in luck! This Saturday, Her Campus begins their 2015 College Fashion Week tour. While London, Milan, and Paris didn’t make the cut, Boston, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, and drumroll…New York City did.

So, forget about stalking your abroad friends’ Octoberfest pictures on Facebook. Her Campus brings the real festival to NYC this October, and their travelling catwalk makes its debut in less than two weeks. New York City College Fashion Week is a must go event. Taking place on Saturday, October 10 from 6:00 to 9:00 PM at Santos Party House, if you haven’t registered yet, head to http://collegefashionweek.com/register-cfw-2015 and secure your tickets as soon as possible!

But what is College Fashion Week you  might ask? Obviously, you can expect to see an incredible runway show. But what makes it so special? Is it a performance show? Are the New York City Ballet dancers coming back for Opening Ceremony part 2? College Fashion Week is a real runway show. And better yet, it is a real runway showcasing style and also showcasing collegiettes. You heard it! If you’re interested in modeling or have a friend who you think can strut their stuff, head to collegefashionweek.com/model and read more details in our article The Runway is Ready for You. If you’re interested in what the fashion will be, we hear it’s going to be the hottest styles from Forever21’s and SOREL’s 2015 lines.

So what now? Start planning what you are going to wear! You will be meeting a ton of other collegiettes at this event, hearing live performances from local artists, enjoying a complimentary brow bar from European Wax Center, and seeing Christina Decker, Associate Editor at StyleWatch, as Co-EmCee! StyleWatch celebrates stylish people of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, and personalities. It’s the best place to see street style from all over the globe. And, Christina Decker is one of the best in the business. She writes for both StyleWatch magazine and online. She used to be an editorial assistant and reporter, and so she knows the inside scoop on how to succeed in the editorial world! For those of you who love swag (who doesn’t), there will also be a #SORELStyle Photo Booth, a DIY-nail art bar from Jamberry Nails, and goody bags full of incredible, free stuff!

We’ll see you there!

Sarah Fels

Columbia Barnard