This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Studying on campus, in your room, and especially in Butler can get old sometimes. Here are some cool places only a walk or a short subway ride away to spice up your studying setting.

Irving Farm Coffee Roasters

This place has a ton of seating to study just by your-self or with a group of friends. You will not be disappointed with their amazing coffee and fun snacks. Ditch the ref room and come study at this spot.

New York Public Library

Not only is this place G O R G E O U S, but it is also so huge. Just check out the picture below. Right outside of this library you also have Bryant Park and since the holidays are right around the corner, the Winter Village and the skating rink have been opened up. So many fun things to do during your study breaks!

Hungarian Pastry Shop

This is a classic! If you have a paper to finish or an entire book to read or just some problem sets you want to work on, this is the perfect place. They have delicious dessert, great coffee, and a sweet vibe. So get out of your room and make the eight-minute walk to this amazing place.