The Bitch is Back: Older, Wiser, and (Getting) Happier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Three powerful, bold women will grace the Diana Oval with their wisdom alongside President Spar. The reading and discussion will take place this Wednesday, October 5th, at 6:30pm. It will focus on the experiences and memories of Cathi Hanauer, Jennifer Finney Boylan, Lizzie Skurnick, and DSpar and their thoughts on womanhood, aging and feminism.

Bestselling author Cathi Hanauer will discuss her sequel to her popular New York Times essay collection, The Bitch is Back, and the many ways there are to age as a woman today. The book features an essay from each of the panel participants. Barnard’s own Professor Boylan will read a selection from her essay on returning to NYC as a professional woman after previously living there as a young man.

Lizzie Skurnick will speak her thoughts on having a baby on your own and deciding his/her mixed race. Last, but certainly not least, President Spar will expand on her discussion of beauty and aging, a topic which she recently wrote about in the New York Times.

Hanauer will sign copies of her book after the event. Be sure to snag a seat at this once in a lifetime discussion of very Barnard-esque topics.

Sydney Hotz

Columbia Barnard

Sydney is in love with New York City, dogspotting, and chorizo tacos. She's an aspiring novelist, a Barnard feminist, and might deny she was born in New Jersey.