This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

Editor’s note: Meet Ball State is a weekly series that features Ball State students, faculty and alumni.

Rich Hubert, a 1984 graduate from Ball State University, stopped to chat with HC Ball State this week. The cardinal and lifetime farmer took some time away from his fields to chat with HC Ball State about what his life has been like since leaving BSU.

Check out what Rich has to say about college memories, job advice and life planning during our Q&A with the BSU alum:

What is your favorite Ball State memory?

I loved all of the teachers and professors I had there. I only went to school for two years there, but it was very nice, and since it was closer to my childhood home, I felt very at ease.

What is your life like now?

I work nine months out of the year on my farm, but I also manage a hardware supply store year-round. I have a wife and three children – one of whom is at Ball State right now styduing communications. I stay busy, and I like it.

How hard was it to find a job after graduating?

I didn’t need to go to college, but I did. I like working with my hands and hard work has gotten me through life. It’s not hard to find a job if you’re willing to work and learn through the process.

What do you wish you could go back and do if you were still in college?

I’m not sure I would want to be a on college campus these days – they’re crazy. But I would like to go and see my daughter more often and go to some of the mucis concerts and maybe go to a few of the football games before the seaosn is over.

What advice do you have for undergraduates at Ball State now?

Be smart – don’t make stupid choices. But also work hard and get all of your craziness out there so you can leave and get a good job and do what you want to do with your life.

Ball State Chapter of Her Campus
Casey Smith

Ball State