Happening This Week in Muncie: What to Do

Posted -

Looking for something to do during a study break? Go stretch your legs and find some fun!

Here's what's happening this week around Ball State and Muncie:

Anna in the Tropics

April 22 and 23 at 2:30 p.m.
Winner of the 2003 Pulitzer Prize for drama, Anna in the Tropics is set in 1929 Ybor City, a section of Tampa and the center of the cigar industry. Cigar factory owners continue the tradition brought from Cuba of hiring lectors to educate and entertain while the workers hand-roll cigars. Everyone is excited when a new lector is hired, but when he starts to read the Russian classic Anna Karenina, he unknowingly becomes a catalyst for the listeners, and their lives and relationships begin to spin out of control. Find out more »

Concrete Clouds

April 18 - April 23
Cave Studio Theatre at Ball State University, W. Riverside Ave. behind Emens

Concrete Clouds is the student written and developed piece selected for this year's New Play Project. The play features the work of Ball State students and focuses on two adolescent girls who see the same therapist. Concrete Clouds explores how lives can change for the better with a stroke of a paintbrush, the scribble of a pen, or perhaps, just having someone there to listen. Find out more »

Jesse McCartney in Concert

April 18 from 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Jesse McCartney will perform at the John R. Emens Auditorium. Tickets are still available. Find out more »

Beauty and Beast Meal

April 20 from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Ball State University's Hospitality Management department is hosting a special culinary dinner and is wanting to formally invite the surrounding community. In honor of the new Beauty and The Beast motion-picture, we would like to invite all the families to come out and have a treat at Ball State University's own Allègre Restaurant. Cost is $15. Find out more »

The Wailin’ Jennys

April 20 from 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

The Wailin’ Jennys are Nicky Mehta, Ruth Moody and Heather Masse—three distinct voices that together make an achingly perfect vocal sound. Starting as a happy accident of solo singer-songwriters getting together for a one-time-only performance at a tiny guitar shop in Winnipeg, Manitoba, The Wailin’ Jennys have grown over the years into one of today's most beloved international folk acts. Find out more »

Comedy Underground

April 20 from 9:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Be Here Now, 505 N. Dill St.

Muncie's only weekly comedy show, Comedy Underground, is every Wednesday from 8:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Signups can be done through the Comedy Underground Facebook page: @ComedyUndergroundMuncie. Find out more »

After Hours at Minnetrista: Saison de Peach

April 21 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Minnestrista, 1200 West Minnestrista Parkway

Sit back, relax, and join our friends from The Guardian Brewing Co., outside at After Hours: Saison de Peach! Visitors can enjoy tasty peach brews, pub appetizers from Minnetrista Catering, and live entertainment by The Peaches and Drake Alan. A 21-and-older event. In partnership with The Guardian Brewing Company. Cost: $8; member discounts apply. Find out more »

GREASE

April 21 at 7:30 p.m. - April 22 at 10:00 p.m.
Muncie Civic Theatre, 216 E. Main St.

Muncie Civic Theatre presents GREASE on the main stage April 21-22, 28-30, and May 4-7. Thursday, Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday Matinees on April 30 and May 7 are at 2:00pm. Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for groups of 10+, and $13 for students and children. Find out more »