Don't Miss These 5k Runs This Weekend

Posted -

Two runs will be taking place this weekend around Ball State and Muncie.

Members of the local Fraternal Order of Police lodge will be hosting a 5k race at 9:15 a.m on Saturday. The proceeds from the race will go to help repair and maintain the FOP lodge in Muncie.

A portion of the proceeds from the race will go to the "Shop With A Cop" program, which place every holiday season and provides gifts to approximately 100 children. This year's race is presented by Jack's Donuts and will start and finish at Westside Park. The course will take participants along the White River Greenway on the West side of Muncie.

Jack's Donuts is providing donuts at the event, and The Vitamin Shoppe will provide goody bags for each participant. Registration is $28 for the race fee and $2.50 for the signup fee, which can be done online.

Ball State's 5th annual Chase the Rainbow 5k will also be held on April 22 at 9:30 a.m. Registration is from 8 — 9:15 a.m., and funds raised will support the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Several stations are set up along the course with different powdered colors. As runner's pass each station, they're showered in color.

"By the end, runners are sporting a beautiful new look, and you are feeling great because you just ran for a great cause," the event's Facebook page says.

The colors show up best on white clothing. Online registration is $25 for Ball State students, staff and faculty and $30 for non-students.