This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

When Rihanna announced that she had created a makeup brand, and that it would be on the market soon, all the makeup fanatics, like me, were shook. Rihanna, the queen of the queens, was just about to release Fenty Beauty. I was so excited, but as a normal college student, also broke. Each product would probably cost me a fortune, and I would not be able to afford it.

When she finally released Fenty Beauty at Sephora, I ran to the website to check. OH MY GOD! I was in love. And guess what, compared to other brands, Fenty has a very fair price.  For example, a 1.08 oz/ 32 mL foundation container costs $34, while brands such as Make Up Forever costs around $43 for an even smaller container.

Well, as soon as the weekend came by, I ran to the nearest Sephora and bought some stuff.

Let’s first start by talking about the packaging.  Every foundation container, every skinstick, every brush is so cute, polished and refined! And yes, I am the kind of person that loves what’s on the outside. But, of course, what really matters is what is inside, metaphorically and literally. You can Google different reviews, articles and videos on her brand and the one thing that everybody comments and agrees on is the fact that there is a perfect variety of shades for foundation. For beauty brands that normally have only three shades (they don’t even deserve their names quoted), Fenty Beauty has forty shades of foundation. Yes, you read it right.  F-O-R-T-Y! 40! The most amazing part of that is how every girl (or guy) from the lightest to the darkest skin can find a shade from Fenty that suits them. It helps everyone feel good about themselves.

Now to the products themselves, I haven’t bought all of the available options – yet. I did buy the foundation and the blotting powder. I was going to buy the highlighter – Trophy Wife but it was sold out, unfortunately but obviously, and I could not afford the rest just yet. The foundation is awesome. It is not thick, but it has an awesome coverage. It is not cakey either; it actually looks pretty natural on the face. The blotting powder has also great quality; it gives that perfect finished matte effect. I just regret not buying the blotting powder brush – aka portable touch-up brush. I thought the sponge that comes with it would do its job, but it always ends up removing some of my makeup with it. Advice: if you buy the blotting powder, buy the blotting powder brush; it makes it much easier to apply.  Even though I did not buy the highlighter, I tried the one opened in the store, and I loved it! It is very shimmery on the skin. I’m still to try the contour sticks, the other highlighters, the lipsticks, the primer, the galaxy collection palette and the just released and already sold out – Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color, aka lip-gloss.

Fenty Beauty is the brand of the century. This is not an exaggeration.