nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

If Babson Concentrations Were Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

No matter what concentration (or concentrations) you end up choosing here at Babson, one thing in life will always be constant: ice cream. What’s better than any old ice cream brand? Ben & Jerry’s. While many people view this as strictly a summer treat, there is no shame in indulging in ice cream in the fall, winter, or spring months. Ice cream is versatile, as it can be eaten in the morning (possible form of yogurt?), after lunch, and obviously as a dessert. In honor of my love of ice cream, along with the fact that it is officially spring and almost summer, I’ve listed all of Babson’s possible career paths with the ice cream flavors you know and love.

Disclaimer: it’s OK if your favorite flavor doesn’t match up with the concentration you’re considering

Accounting: Vanilla

A go-to, popular flavor, vanilla is almost as versatile as accounting.

Business Analytics: Gimme S’more

Marshmallow ice cream with a chocolate swirl, graham crackers, and fudge… Almost as advanced as the concentration itself, this ice cream would go perfectly with late night study sessions.

Computational and Mathematical Finance: Red Velvet Cake

Rich vanilla ice cream with actual pieces of red velvet cake matches with the intensity and rigorous analytical thinking of this concentration.

Economics: Coffee, Coffee, BuzzBuzzBuzz

Economics, the study of choices people make. Where would we be in the mornings if we didn’t have coffee to wake us up and help us make the decision that economists examine?

Entrepreneurship: Americone Dream

Vanilla ice cream with waffle cone pieces and caramel swirl… There was clearly some ET&A (entrepreneurial thought and action) behind this flavor.

Environmental Sustainability: Mint Chocolate Crunch

Made with cage-free eggs, non-GMO, responsibly sourced packaging, and supports fair trade. This ice cream flavor promotes saving the Earth and sustainable food practices.

Finance: Milk and Cookies

Invest in this ice cream flavor, I promise you won’t regret it. While doing well in finance courses is helpful in the long run, this flavor will be an asset to your appetite.

Global and Regional Studies: New York Super Fudge Chunk

New York, The Big Apple, a melting pot of cultures. Similar to a concentration that combines the understandings of cultural and socio-economic developments, this flavor combines white & dark fudge chunks, pecans, walnuts & fudge-covered almonds

Global Business Management: One Sweet World

As Ben and Jerry put it, “we believe the world is sweetest when we stand together as one.” The proceeds made from sales of this caramel coffee ice cream mixed with caramel swirl, marshmallows, and fudge go toward battling racial and injustice issues in America.

Historical and Political Studies: Bourbon Pecan Pie

Reminiscent of the flavors of the American South, this ice cream flavor promotes two products that contribute greatly to the South’s economy. The ice cream is a mini history lesson in and of itself.

Identity and Diversity: Coconut Seven Layer Bar

With seven different layers, this ice cream includes and promotes both sweet and savory flavors.

Information Technology Management: Keep Caramel & Cookie On

Many people say that we live and die by technology. Whether you’re analyzing data or programming a computer, Keep Caramel & Cookie On.

International Business Environment: Oat of This Swirled

Oats are a great source of energy, and you’re going to need a lot of that to meet all the requirements for this concentration.

Justice, Citizenship, and Social Responsibility: Truffle Kerfluffle

A “kerfluffle” can be defined as a disturbance or disruption. When ethical and cultural issues arise, grab some of this ice cream and make some meaning out of the world around you.

Leadership: Cherry Garcia

As the legendary lead guitarist for The Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia knew a bit about leadership. To commemorate his legacy, Ben & Jerry concocted this cherry-vanilla ice cream flavor.

Legal Studies: The Tonight Dough

If you’re considering becoming a lawyer, grab a spoon, because you’re going to need some Tonight Dough. Considering the fact that most lawyers work between 60-70 hours per week, you have some late nights ahead of you.

Literary and Visual Arts: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Visually pleasing and with easy-to-read ingredients, this flavor is a perfect match for this concentration. Keep it by your side as you delve into literary analyses, art summaries, cultural trends.

Marketing: Everything But The…

According to the Babson Admissions Office, 25% of graduates choose marketing-related careers after college. Marketing careers are extremely diverse, similar to the ingredients in this ice cream.

Operations Management: Chunky Monkey

Throughout America, operations-related careers have become increasingly popular, just like this ice cream flavor, which is in the Top 10 Most Popular Flavors at Ben & Jerry’s.

Planning, Analysis, and Control: Blondie Ambition

Ambition is what you’re going to need if you plan on pursuing this concentration.

Quantitative Methods: Phish Food

Students with strong quantitative backgrounds have positioned themselves at the top of the job-seeking pool (or, in this case, ocean).

Real Estate: Pecan Sticky Buns

Any good realtor knows that putting out some freshly baked pastries or desserts can help sell a house.

Retail Supply Chain Management: Strawberry Cheesecake

Ben & Jerry’s did a great job with this flavor, in terms of getting its sustainably-sourced produce into a pint of ice cream, and then into the hands of their consumers.

Social and Cultural Studies: Half Baked

Just as this concentration explores the relationship between social relations and cultural practices, this ice cream flavor explores the relationship between baked goods and ice cream.

Statistical Modeling: Vanilla Caramel Fudge

This ice cream is jam-packed with flavors such as vanilla, caramel, chocolate, and fudge. The concentration is a sampling of as marketing, finance, strategy, and economics

Strategic Management: Chillin’ The Roast

Cold brew coffee ice cream loaded with coffee liqueur-filled, cookie crumble-covered truffles. If you’re trying to decide on an after-class snack and Trim won’t cut it, your best strategy is this flavor.

Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Design: Banana Split

A little bit of everything, this ice cream flavor incorporates the classic essentials of a Banana Split Sundae. The concentration itself allows for the opportunity to explore innovation in products and organizations from different perspectives.