This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

Here’s the moment we’ve all been waiting so patiently for; the sun streaming through the windows, light summer breeze, and walks in Central Park with a scoop or two of pistachio gelato- summer is right around the corner.

You might think I’m overstating this because it feels like spring has yet to come. Trust me, just thinking about laying down on the warm sand with the sun beaming down gets me through the windy and rainy Boston weather. Summer is only a few months away and before you know it, your winter jacket will be long stored away deep in your closet until next season. Stock up on your summer beauty buys before it’s too late!

People often have this stigma that wearing makeup in the summer breaks you out because you get extra oily from the heat allowing makeup to clogs the pores even more. Others stay away from makeup because it seems pointless since it just melts off with a swipe of your hand either from accidentally brushing your face or scratching your nose. Trust me – I’ve been there more times than anyone can count. It’s frustrating and SO tiring that on some days, you feel as if there is no point in putting on foundation when you know it’s going to come right off. Being quite the oily gal, I’ve learned some tips and tricks when it comes to summertime makeup products. And before you think I left out my dry and combination gals out there, this list I racked up works for any skin type.

MUJI – Facial Blotting Paper Face Powder

Price: ($2.50 MUJI )

We all know oil is inevitable. From your t-zone to your chin and cheeks, it’s everywhere. To prevent the grease-ball effect, these oil blotting sheets does an amazing job at keeping your makeup and oil at bay. What’s different between MUJI blotting sheets in comparison the other brands is these sheets only focus on the extra oil on your face and not your beautifully made face. From grease-ball to summer glow, the reasonable price makes MUJI Facial Blotting Paper a great buy and easy to stock up on.

Tarte Cosmetics Lights, Camera, Lashes – Waterproof

Price: ($23 – Sephora)

Summer humidity sucks. As if holding the lash curl isn’t difficult enough for my stick straight Asian lashes, when mascara smudges onto the under eye area, it just makes me want to give up wearing mascara at all. What makes this mascara so lovable and wonderful is that for one, it actually holds the curl for my lashes all day long. Normally, by the time I wiggle the mascara wand through the lashes, they fall back down. Second, the waterproof formula ensures long wear and no smudging. Whoever said raccoon eyes is the new sexy smoky eye, well they have yet to try Tarte’s Lights Camera, Splashes mascara.

*Sephora sells the mini version of this mascara if you want to test it out before paying for the full size

It Cosmetics – Superhero ™ Mascara

Price: ($24 – www.itcosmetics.com)

As if the name itself did not imply magical powers, this mascara delivers. Don’t be scared away from the fact that it’s not waterproof because this baby is so worth it. It Cosmetics Superhero ™ mascara is the straw to my berry, the peanut butter to my jelly (you get the point) – it completes me. With no clumps, beautiful volume, and a long wearing abilities; it’s my secret Holy Grail mascara.

Neutrogena Facial Sunscreen

Price: ($7.99 – Amazon Prime)

Sunscreen is so so so important (especially in the summer). It should not just be a seasonal product, but also year round. For those who are afraid to add sunscreen to their daily regimen because of the white cast, heaviness of the product, or potential extra grease – Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen is the literal bomb.com. There’s also the alternative version of SPF 50 if 30 is too low for you. With additional benefits of being oil-free, there’s no reason you shouldn’t buy this product right now.

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation

Price: ($39 – Sephora)

Wearing foundation in the summer can seem like such a nuisance since may feel heavy, but this water based foundation feels like the complete opposite because it is mainly water based. Tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea foundation proves that lightweight foundations can also provide coverage since it’s so buildable. (Plus it dries to a semi-matte finish for my oily gals out there)

Dickenson’s Witch Hazel

Price: ($4.69 – Target)

For a quick facial refresher, Dickinson’s Witch Hazel, works wonders after a long hot day basking in the sun. You can use it with a cotton pad or in a spritz bottle. There’s nothing more calming than cooling down your face on a summer day. Personally, I use this as a supplement for a rose-water spray both in my morning and night routine as it is a pore perfecting toner. It’s a great way to start and end your makeup routine by using it as a primer spray or a evening toner.

Nivea – Cherry Lip Balm

Price: (Varies – Available at CVS and Target)

For that slightly rosey natural lipped look, Nivea delivers with this tinted and moisturizing lip balm. Essentially a dupe for the Sugar lippies from Fresh, this product adds a beautiful sheer red tint to brighten up that summer glow.

Dermalogica – Clear Start Matte Moisturizer

Price: ($25 – www.dermalogica.com)

When it comes to makeup application, the base before applying foundation is so important. To avoid getting greasy 3 hours after putting on my makeup, I use a mixture of mattifying products to help control the oil. Dermalogica works wonders for me especially in the summer because it’s so light weight when applying it on the face and leaves no leftover heavy feeling residue.

Cover FX Mattifying Primer

Price: ($38 – Sephora)

Primer is often overlooked as an unnecessary product. However, this tiny bottle will not only ensure long-wear makeup, pore control, but also add a “je ne sais quoi” to your overall look. Cover FX has a whole line of amazing primers and although it may be on the pricier side, it’s worth every penny.

With these products in hand, that worry about summer makeup is off your mind. Just focus on slaying that bikini beach picture, dancing at a music festival, or even going on coffee runs for your 9-5 internship.

???? Founder of Her Campus Babson. Lover of stories. Over drinker of coffee. College student interested in the intersection of business, tech, and creativity.