Lizzie Lundine? More Like Lizzie RUNdine.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

Perhaps you’ve seen her running through the Quad Cities area, or maybe she passed you by, striding her heart out. Introducing Lizzie Lundine, an Augie grad from the class of 2015 and competitor for the women’s cross country and track teams. Lizzie currently coaches for both teams to continue her legacy here at Augie.

During her time as a student athlete, Lizzie received co-MVP awards for cross country and outdoor track during her senior year. In track, she earned All-Conference in several events from her sophomore to senior year and was a captain of her team. She was also All-Conference for cross country during her junior and senior year and made All-Region in regionals.

Hometown:

Villa Park, Illinois

Majors:

Music Education

Fave running event:

The 10k!

Go to pump up song:

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.

Pre-run snack:

Cliff Bars. The white chocolate macadamia flavor.

How do you like to prepare for a race?

I like to basically be with my teammates and coaches to laugh a lot and say weird hashtags just to calm me down. Seeing everyone in a good mood just inspires me.

Favorite running outfit?

My “Run happy” shirt or my pink tank top.

Why did you decide to run for Augustana?

I chose to run at Augie because I wanted to become a faster and stronger athlete and make new friends! Also, there’s something magical about the Augie women’s cross country and track program; the team/coaches can make any ordinary girl, like me, feel like a wonder of the world. I knew I wanted to be a part of this legacy.

Favorite running memory?

So many favorite memories from making up #’s with Josh to bridges to racing up the crying hill to making puns about eggs in every sentence for an entire 8-mile run. (It was egg-cellent.) One of my greatest running memories was my first run with Lorraine Stamberger. It was a 10-miler and the farthest we had ever run our freshman year at Augie. We started the run toward the I-74 bridge as two girls who barely knew each other and ended back on the Augie track as friends. I am forever thankful for that run!

What do I want to achieve as a coach?

I hope to show those ladies that they are each a wonder of the world just like my coaches have done for their athletes. I hope to help them find happiness within the sport and community of running. Lastly, I want to help every single woman on the team to believe that she is unstoppable and to invite others to be unstoppable too!

Augustana Contributor