Which Cocktail You Are Based on Your Zodiac

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Aries (Mar. 21-Apr. 19): Moscow mule

Adventurous Aries, the spicy ginger beer in this vodka-based drink has a bite to match your fiery personality. Lime juice and a lime slice garnish top off this classic cocktail that’s traditionally served in a copper mug.

Taurus (Apr. 20-May 20): Dirty martini

Practical and grounded, you also appreciate the finer things in life. A dirty martini can be made with gin or vodka, features dry vermouth, olives and a hint of brine, and it screams sophistication.

Gemini (May 21-June 20): Mojito

This Cuba-originated cocktail made from white rum, club soda, lime juice, sugar and mint is a perfect fit for the curious, adaptable and fun-loving Gemini.

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Mint julep

Consisting of bourbon, water and muddled fresh mint along with sugar or simple syrup, the dark liquor in this Southern favorite makes it ideal for Cancer, one of the most intense signs of the Zodiac. 

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22): Cosmopolitan

Leo, you’re the life of every party. Vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice go into this popular drink that’s almost as much fun as you are.

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Whiskey sour

Steady and reliable Virgos will appreciate the simplicity of this cherry-topped mixed drink containing whiskey (often bourbon), sugar, lemon juice and an optional egg white. It ain’t fancy, but that’s why you like it.

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Bellini

A mixture of peach juice and Prosecco sparkling wine, this fizzy cocktail shows off your bubbly attitude while its beautiful pink-orange hue caters to your romantic side. 

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Dark and Stormy

Magnetic Scorpio, you ooze sensuality and your drink should too. Dark rum, ginger beer and a dash of bitters go into this cocktail that could be your middle name.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Sidecar

You’re direct and spontaneous, and so’s this Cognac-based mixed drink. The Sidecar’s orange liqueur and lemon juice creates dueling, but complementary, tart and sweet flavors.

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Tom Collins

Gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and soda go into this down-to-earth drink. A quality Capricorn is sure to appreciate.

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): White Russian

You’re naturally innovative, so you’ll love the White Russian’s unconventional mixture of coffee liqueur and cream (or mik) with vodka. 

Pisces (Feb. 19-Mar. 20): Tequila sunrise

Pisces, you’re soft, but alluring, like this equally comforting cocktail made of tequila, orange juice and grenadine syrup. 

I like tattoos, music festivals and petting other people's dogs.