Valentine’s Day for the Single Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Valentine’s Day is here again, and whether you’re a single girl by choice or default it can be an annoying time of year. The couples, the presents, all your attached friends asking for your advice on gifts for their significant others, the list goes on. But you don’t have to have a boyfriend to celebrate–show yourself a little love this Valentine’s Day!

Treat yourself to deluxe mani-pedi! Sure, it’ll lighten up your wallet just a bit but it’ll make you feel absolutely amazing. There is nothing quite like a massage chair, perfectly polished nails, and a relaxing while being pampered.

Instead of moping around and eating all the delicious Valentine’s chocolate you bought on sale, make a gourmet dinner and invite your best single friends over. Can’t cook? Not a problem! Pick a fun restaurant that your group can hang out and eat at without the reminder of the romance of the holiday.

Have a girl’s night! Rent some raunchy comedies like Get Him to the Greek, Hot Tub Time Machine, or The Hangover, and laugh with your girlfriends about the stupidity of boys. Make yummy snacks, and lounge around in your sweats enjoying the company of your best friends. Plus, impromptu dance parties are always good for the soul!

Retail therapy is always a good option! Most stores are running winter sales because after-Christmas shoppers are rare, so now is a great time to score some really good deals. Stores are also unveiling their spring lines, and the bright colors will not only lift your mood but give you something to look forward to!

Valentine’s Day lands on a Thursday this year, and one of the perks of being in college means Thirsty Thursday. Grab your friends, do your hair and make-up, pick out a hot outfit, and head to parties. Whether you end the night with your girlfriends or on the arm of a hot single frat guy, enjoy the night out on the town.

So this Valentine’s Day, don’t stress about being single. Make some time for the number one person in your life—you!