UCrush: Like Tinder, but Better!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

As college kids, we face a constant struggle when it comes to the dating scene. We can use superficial apps like Tinder, or take the plunge to join more serious sites like Match.com and eHarmony. Well, thanks to the new college dating app, uCrush, we now have another option! 

We chatted with uCrush social media and marketing representative, Britney Elbert, who gave us the inside scoop. 

Essentially, what makes uCrush different is that it matches you based on compatability. Unlike Tinder, you won’t just be swiping past people at first-glance based on looks. This allows students who are looking for a more intellectual relationship to learn about potential dates. 

“uCrush is passionate about connecting users for more than what they look like, and that’s awesome,” Elbert said, “This is an app that I fully support because we’re aiming to be a genuine platform.”

Additionally, Elbert says she likes how uCrush can bring back those innocent feelings of “crushing” on your classmates. 

“uCrush is like sending secret admirer notes for the 21st century,” Elbert said, “Users can post crushes based off of who they really admire, which automatically makes it more genuine and thoughtful than other dating apps.” 

Downloading the app is super easy, and its free for iPhone and Android users. After downloading, you’ll be given a tutorial on how it all works, so no worries about not understanding the process. 

As a cutting-edge app, uCrush will be campaigning at the Super Bowl this year, so look out for their logo! 

Follow them on Instagram: @ucrushapp, or on Twitter: @ucrushapp.

Kerry is a recent graduate of Auburn University where she served as President and Co-Campus Correspondent for Auburn's Her Campus branch. She earned a degree in communication from Auburn's School of Communication and Journalism. Kerry recently operated the blog for Ellie Clothing, and has experience as a representative for Cosmopolitan magazine. A Massachusetts native, Kerry is a former Miss Teen Massachusetts United States and has worked as an intern in the national Her Campus office. In her (limited) spare time, Kerry enjoys exploring new places, discovering new music and obsessing over her latest Netflix show. You can reach her by e-mail at kerryanncoppinger@gmail.com. If you are interested in joining Her Campus Auburn, please reach out to the new CC's by emailing auburn@hercampus.com.