Treat Yourself Any Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

When it comes to getting a special treat, you don’t need to wait for a valentine to do it for you. Any day and any time you can treat yourself in big ways or small ways. You can also treat yourself with your friends and make it a girls night idea.  The only requirement is that it makes you happy.

Take a relaxing bubble bath & listen to your favorite music

Bubble baths are relaxing after a long day or week, and by adding some of your favorite music, it becomes the perfect combination. You can also add some Epsom salts or other bath salts to your bath and soak in that, they smell nice and can soothe sore muscles.

Have a home spa day

Buying a cheap face mask, taking a bath, and painting your nails are some super simple (yet very effective) ways to relax while on a budget. Get all your friends to bring in snacks and other beauty materials for a chill Friday night in with Netflix.

Buy that thing you’ve been wanting (and looking at every time you pass it)

That one thing that you’ve had your eye on for a while but have been hesitating to buy makes a great gift toy yourself for a job well done for a motivation gift. Celebrate something, anything, or nothing; just getting to class on time every day is a reason to get the new book or lipstick.

Have breakfast in bed (or on the couch)

Breakfast in bed sounds really simple, but it can start your day off on a good note. If you aren’t someone who cooks anything for breakfast or doesn’t have time to do so, even waking up five minutes earlier to eat that granola bar and sip your coffee can have a major improvement on your day and attitude.

Take a nap

Hard work and long days on campus can exhaust you, and naps are a great way to get in some extra minutes of sleep. Power naps are refreshing when they’re kept short; otherwise, you’ll feel even more tired when you wake up, & you won’t be able to sleep at night.

Try something new

Take a class for something you never thought of doing before. Auburn has all kinds of classes on campus as well as plenty of classes around town. Take the beginner’s class and don’t feel embarrassed if you can’t get it at first—you’re there to have fun and learn something.

Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.