Time Management Tips from a Pro!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Let’s face it. Being a college student is not as easy as people often think! With the constant pressure of projects, due dates ,and studying for exams coming at you from every angle, it seems like there is no time to just relax or hangout with friends anymore. It’s almost like being a college student has become a full time job! Sophomore and Birmingham, Ala. native, Daniela Munoz Rogers is no stranger to the pressures of a busy schedule; in fact, she’s learned to become a pro at balancing her time and even having a social life! 

HC AUBURN: What organizations are you currently involved with on Auburn’s campus?

Daniela: I am a part of the University Program Council, Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Health Society, Honors Congress, Camp War Eagle Counselor, Public Relations Chair for The Challenge, Vice President of the College of Mathematics and Science, and I am a Study Partners Tutor. 

HC AUBURN: What is your secret to balancing your schoolwork with everything you are involved in?

Daniela: I am not going to lie, it is not easy and I do have to make sacrifices. The trick is never falling behind. If I know something is coming up, I try and get all of my other work done first, even if that means working on homework on a Friday night. Now I am not saying I do not take the occasional night off, I actually do that quite a bit. That just means I make-up the lost time the next day somehow.

HC AUBURN: What is your favorite part about being so involved at Auburn?

Daniela: I absolutely love the feeling that I belong at Auburn. My freshman year I was not that involved and I felt like I was a mere number among the thousands going to school here. Being involved has also let me meet this whole new group of people I would have never met before. These people are so passionate about whatever they do that they have inspired me to pursue my interest with the exact same passion. it is so awesome to have met people that I look up to and I hope that one day someone can say the same thing about me.

HC AUBURN: What are you majoring in?

Daniela: I am majoring in Biomedical Science (Pre-Dental) with a double minor in Spanish and Human Development and Family Studies.

HC AUBURN: I know The Challenge is coming up soon so tell us a little more about that and what your involvement is with it.

Daniela: The Challenge is this brand new group on campus whose purpose is to encourage students to become aware of global issues and how they can make a difference in these issues. On Friday March 22nd, The Challenge is sponsoring The Summit Leadership Conference which will allow students to hear about different resources on campus that already deal with these types of issues and how the students can get involved. We will also have interactive break-out sessions so students can see what it would be like to have to deal with these issues in real life. And to top it off we provide dinner as well as key-note speaker Kevin Scott! I am the public Relations Chair which means it is my job to let people know about the Conference and get them to attend this awesome opportunity! I do things like design t-shirts, the programs, run social media, or whatever I can do to get the word out about The Challenge Summit Conference

HC AUBURN: What advice do you have for those hoping to become more involved around campus?

Daniela: Take a risk and try out for something you really want even if you do not think you can make it, because you never know that could happen. You may not make everything that you want, but that is okay because that just means something else is out there for you.

HC AUBURN: Where can students go to find more information about The Challenge?

Daniela: You can go to the AU Challenge Facebook page and like the page. Then I encourage them to register and attend the conference! (Registration Link is on the Facebook Page through AUInvolve) If you have any specific questions they can email me! ddm0006@auburn.edu

I'm a Sophomore at Auburn University majoring in Apparel Merchandising