Social Media Obsessed? Love to Get the Details Right? HC Auburn Wants You!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Her Campus Auburn needs a Public Relations Director. In case you are unaware, Her Campus Auburn is an online magazine geared towards Auburn women. We stay engaged in the community by posting our articles and events on social media pages and hosting events on and off campus. In the past we have hosted Puppy Play Date, Her Campus Fashion Week, National Princess Week, movie night, froyo night, and a style event with People StyleWatch magazine.

In order to apply for the position, you must be a student at Auburn University in the upcoming 2015-2016 school year and become a member of Her Campus Auburn, if not already a member. We would love for you to write as well, but it is not required.

What is required of the PR Director?

• Work with the Social Media Chair to ensure HC Auburn is well represented in the media and help implement strategies to gain followers on all of the HC Auburn social media accounts.
  • Advertise HC events on campus by contacting on-campus media sources, the Student Government Association, or any other parties that may be involved in the process.  
  • Ensure that HC events or any event HC Auburn is involved with is documented -Mostly take pictures and write articles to inform about and summarize events.
  • Host meetings with members of the HC Auburn PR Team.
  • Have creative ideas for events, with the knowledge of budget, place, and time for successful events –know when other organizations are hosting events and when a major exam period is coming up.

Follow click here to fill out the application. The application is due Friday, September 4th. 

If you have any questions please contact Lindy Olive, lindyolive@hercampus.com, or NicoleFulkerson, Nicolefuklerson@hercampus.com.

Good luck!

HCXO

Lindy Olive is known for being a foodie health-nut hybrid, who thinks the best things in life happen in the kitchen. She is a senior at Auburn University, majoring in Nutrition & Wellness and minoring in Sustainability. She wrote for Her Campus Auburn for three years before taking on a role as Campus Corespondent. If you ever need her, you can find her in front of a computer, in a garden, or at the gym. Lindy likes to dream big, and right now, that dream consists of owning a garden-bakery while writing agriculture public policy or working for a test kitchen. When she isn't thinking about food, which is apparently rare, she is hiking with her boyfriend and dog, on a feminist rant, or having deep conversations with her best friends Bailey and Melissa.