Puppy Playdate Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Playing with puppies to benefit a local non-profit is a win for everyone involved. Her Campus Auburn recently hosted “Puppy Playdate”, an event that allows Auburn students to play with adorable dogs for a small charitable donation. For Paws Rescue, a local animal rescue group, provided the dogs and worked with us to make the event a success. We are proud to be able to donate the Puppy Playdate profits to For Paws Rescue.

For Paws Rescue is a local non-profit dedicated to finding forever homes for dogs and cats. For Paws adopts out approximately 350 animals a year, but needs help covering the cost of food, shelter, and spaying/neutering animals. For Paws also has a retail side (For Paws Boutique) that offers grooming and boarding services. For more information about For Paws, visit them online.

Couldn’t make the event, but want to donate to For Paws Rescue? We have a few medium and large t-shirts (design below) available for $10 to those in the Auburn/Opelika area. If interested, please email Rachel Burns at reb0013@auburn.edu

Rachel is currently a senior at Auburn University. As a public relations major, Rachel is involved in multiple activities, including the Public Relations Student Society of America/Public Relations Council of Alabama and the Auburn University Marching Band. In her spare time, she enjoys watching Law and Order: SVU and exclaiming over every cute animal she sees.