Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Auburn Features

6 DIY Sexy Halloween Costumes That Aren’t Cats

By Nicole Fulkerson
October 24, 2014 - 9:00am

The sexy cat costume is cheap and easy, but SO overdone. Here are some sexy and unique DIY costumes that you can totally rock this Halloween! 1. Where’s Waldo? A red and white striped shirt and glasses are all you need to become Waldo! You may have people constantly asking you where you are, but at least you'll look cute and creative!    2. The Energizer Bunny READ MORE

Malala Yousafzai: The Youngest Person to Win the Nobel Peace Prize

By Taylor Pittman
October 23, 2014 - 9:00am

When it comes to being 17, thoughts of finishing high school or going to college jump through the minds of those anticipating the transition from minor to legal adult. For Malala Yousafzai, being 17 comes with commendable bravery, devotion to education and the Nobel Peace Prize. Wise beyond her years, Yousafzai earned the honor by fearlessly dedicating her life to raising awareness for the rights of young girls and education for all. What is most admirable is her motivation to do this despite the danger around her. READ MORE

Five Recipes that May Actually Scare You

By Lindy Olive
October 21, 2014 - 2:39pm

We aren’t giving Halloween enough love in the food department. For Thanksgiving, bake a giant turkey and about twenty casseroles, and for Christmas, bake a ham and about one hundred desserts. If you don’t, it’s like sacrilege. Halloween kicks off the entire holiday season so it’s a little more awesome than we give it credit for! So forget the cutesy Pinterest replica cupcakes, and make a dish that actually scares someone! Wouldn’t that be so much more fun?!? Anyone can make the marshmallow ghosts, and everyone will think they are great, but they are kind of forgettable. READ MORE

Nordstrom Rack: Our Go-To for the Latest Trends

By Kerry Coppinger
October 19, 2014 - 2:53pm

On September 30 we were excited to get a visit from People StyleWatch, which invited everyone to its Celebrity Stylist on Campus tour on the Greenspace!  We met with StyleWatch’s TV Stylist & Market Editor Joiee Thorpe, who showed us how to wear the trends for every event this semester.   We were thrilled to get a personal appointment with Joiee.  After all, college is where we come to learn, and Joiee schooled us on finding designer duds with student funds.  One of her go-to brands is Nordstrom Rack, and with better deals and fashions than anything at the mall, it’s my new go-to as well! READ MORE

The Power Couple

By Delaney McDevitt
October 15, 2014 - 9:00am

The power couple; two iconic people coming together in a unified force to dominate the social scene with good looks, charitable acts, and beautiful babies. From Jay-Z and Beyoncé to Will and Kate, the power couple is a major force of both celebrity and literal royalty. We’ve seen some couples come and go and have invested ourselves in their public relationships portrayed in the media. Some of us may have even shed a tear or two when Brittany Spears and Justin Timberlake split, or when Brad Pitt left Jennifer Anniston for Angelina Jolie. But now, Justin is happily married to the stunning Jessica Biel and Brangelina have finally tied the knot and are raising an army of children who hit celebrity status the second they were recognized as the children of a...

The Top 5 Most Cliché Halloween Costumes

By Madison Grant
October 13, 2014 - 9:00am

Halloween is coming up! And that means most of you are running out of time to come up with a creative costume idea. Each year there are certain costumes that seem to pop up everywhere. So whatever you decide to be, stay away from these cliché costumes... unless you don't care to be clever or original.   Kitty Cat READ MORE

There Really is a Formula for Basic White Girl

By Lindy Olive
October 10, 2014 - 9:00am

One late night while studying I found a lovely depiction of, well, me. It was written on a white board on the second floor in RBD, telling everyone the formula for a “basic white girl.” I wanted to laugh, and yes, I did laugh. Some of it is true. Starbucks is pretty good, I have a Pinterest account, and I wear over-sized t-shirts. However, I don’t use the phrase “can’t even” and I have never had a PSL but I know young women all around me do those things. The more I read the more I didn’t like what this guy had to say about me and my friends. I apparently feel superior, care about my daddy’s money over love, and want to get my MRS degree. The formula made me feel personally attacked, using a stereotype to fill the details of my life. ...

17 Reasons Why Blair Waldorf from "Gossip Girl" is the Queen of New York City

By Nicole Fulkerson
October 8, 2014 - 9:00am

1. She is a strong, independent woman who knows what she wants in life. 2. She is always dolled up and adorable.  3. She knows that it's okay to not be okay.  4. She abides by all fashion rules, all the time.    5. She has perfected the RBF. READ MORE

YouTube: The Newest Home for Celebrities

By Taylor Pittman
October 6, 2014 - 12:36pm

Magazine covers are no strangers to the latest actors and actresses on the rise. Musicians and singers with millions of Twitter followers are no surprise to a society with an obsession for all people rich and famous. However, the most recent craze of celebrity fascination is rooted in a different kind of medium: YouTube. YouTubers around the globe upload daily or weekly vlogs (video blogs) to millions of subscribers. They use other forms of social media to interact with their fans. The most popular YouTubers even host events like Playlist Live to spread the importance and impact of the online video format. What’s special about this medium is its ability to connect with viewers around the world in what seems like a one-on-one setting through the computer...

The 5 People You See on Campus

By Ana D'Ambrogi
October 1, 2014 - 11:33am

The Athlete If the standard blue and white Under Armour backpack isn’t a dead give-away, or the fact that they are in head to toe Auburn apparel, then just look for someone with not an ounce of fat on them and a face that says ‘If the sun is up, I’m up.’  The Basic B*tch Whether a boy or a girl, the Basic B*tch is dressed in your stereotypical college attire. As a girl BB, she is decked in her fave Norts, an over-sized t-shirt and those (in my opinion) terrible shoes called Chacos when they've never stepped foot on a hike. She is also most likely carrying a venti Pumpkin Spice Latte. The men are even more basic in their khaki shorts and frocket, with of course a dip tin stashed in the back pocket  READ...