Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Auburn Features

Prepared Packing: What to Bring for a Music Fest

By Leah Burns
June 12, 2014 - 11:00am

Music fests are usually multi-day camping trips. This isn’t like any ol’ camping trip, however; overnight, a small city pops up in the middle of nowhere! It can be tough to figure out what to bring and what to buy at the festival. Here is a packing list to prepare any colligette! I specifically used this packing list for Bonnaroo but it can easily be adjusted for any location.   Essentials Tickets Extra keys Cash (ATMs are usually around but they charge a high fee) Printed schedule Campsite READ MORE

King of Controversy Comes Back to Bonnaroo

By Leah Burns
June 11, 2014 - 9:50pm

“I’mma let you finish, but” Kayne West has never been one to play it safe. From interrupting Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards to marrying Kim Kardashian, West always has people talking. Back in 2008 he stirred up controversy when he performed at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee. READ MORE

Give Back In Style

By Kerry Coppinger
May 31, 2014 - 12:57pm

Many Panhellenic women here at Auburn take great pride in their sorority. One adorable way to show your love for your sisters is by donning some jewelry from The Lettered Company. This company features everything from charm bracelets, to earrings, to necklaces for six different sororities.  READ MORE

Hangout Fest 2014

By Sarah Spivey
May 20, 2014 - 4:05pm

The fifth annual Hangout Music Festival took place on the beautiful coast of Gulf Shores, Alabama this past weekend, and it was legendary to say the least. With three days of music featuring headliners like The Black Keys, The Killers, and Outkast, fans from all over flocked to the beach to catch good vibes and great music. READ MORE

Super Bands, Super Jams: How Bonnaroo is Creating Amazing Collaborations

By Leah Burns
May 15, 2014 - 5:47pm

Most festival acts are rock stars in their own rights. Led Zeppelin, Metallica, My Morning Jacket – all of these groups are known all over the globe for their unique sounds. But what happens when members of well-known groups collaborate with other artists from different genres? Quite simply? Magic. READ MORE

What You’ll Miss About Auburn This Summer

By Savannah Downey
April 29, 2014 - 12:16pm

As finals week looms ahread, you most likely have entered into a love-hate relationship with Auburn. Completely understandable. But before you go cursing your final papers and assignments, take a quick moment to appreciate the convienences and charm that Auburn has before you head back home for summer.        Being Close to Everything READ MORE

The Best Finds on Etsy

By Taylor Pittman
April 25, 2014 - 9:00am

Etsy is one of the biggest marketplaces for creative thinkers to put their products up for grabs. Whether an artist wants to sell a painting for $500 or a future bride wants to find a vintage wedding dress, Etsy can help. Joining this online community as a seller or buyer means interacting with other artistic and imaginative users as well as checking out products rarely seen at local boutiques and shops. Owners of virtual shops can sell products that reflect the current major trends yet maintain a creative aspect to them, like these five products. 1. Art READ MORE

Stress-Relieving Tips as Told by Cats

By Lindy Olive
April 23, 2014 - 9:00am

Finals are coming up way sooner than we would like, as usual. (The last time I checked it was barely March.) And the stress reliever that most people rely on to make it through the week is eating.  Like eating until we are miserably full. READ MORE

Waverly "Old 280" Boogie 2014

By Hayley Meagher
April 21, 2014 - 9:54am

The Waverly Boogie is a well-known outdoor music festival just north of Auburn University. It’s held in a grassy area, decorated with minimal string lighting for nighttime. The already-existing rustic buildings around the area provided the perfect ambiance. The Boogie was on April 19th this year from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM and was not short for a big crowd. Blankets and folded chairs casually set up around the lawn matched the laid-back feel of the event. Tickets were $20 ahead of time and $25 at the gate and canned alcohol was welcome.   READ MORE

Why You Need To Be Watching "Mad Men"

By Savannah Downey
April 18, 2014 - 9:00am

“Why You Need To Watch ‘Mad Men’”….as if you need a reason why. Aside from any associated stigmas (like that only your nostalgic older relatives watch the show), “Mad Men” has been hailed as one of the greatest dramas of our time (from the same channel as “Breaking Bad” no less). The first episode of the final season premiered this past Sunday, but that's no reason for you to avoid binge-watching the previous six seasons during study breaks. If you need any more convincing, read on.    READ MORE