Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Auburn Features

10 Things You Can Only Do in Your Early 20s

By Nicole Fulkerson
October 31, 2014 - 9:00am

They say our 20' are the best times of our lives, so we need to use these years to explore and grow as individuals. This is the time when we are going to learn what we want out of life and the kind of people that we are. Our late 20s are the time when we need to be start being buckled down, but our early 20s are to explore.  1. Go to Every Possible Music Festival Bust out the crop tops and flash tats because festivals are one of the best parts about being in your 20s. There are hundreds of festivals all year round in every corner of the country. Plan a road trip with your friends and go meet some super awesome people! READ MORE

An Auburn Collegiette’s Guide to Halloweekend

By Alexis Brost
October 29, 2014 - 9:00am

Halloween in Auburn is one of the best weekends of the semester. The weather, the costumes, and the endless supply of parties! Halloween is always a weekend-long event, and this year is no different. With the holiday falling on a Friday and our Tigers on the road to Ole Miss, the celebrations are going to be crazier than usual. Here are a few things to remember and accomplish during Auburn Halloweekend! Skybar Spooks READ MORE

Throwback to the 90's

By Madison Grant
October 27, 2014 - 11:17am

What do oversized leather jackets, baby doll dresses, and plaid all have in common?  They're all '90s trends that have once made a comeback.  The trends these days are full of nostalgia with references to the decade of the Spice Girls and grunge coming back in a big way. Crop tops READ MORE

6 DIY Sexy Halloween Costumes That Aren’t Cats

By Nicole Fulkerson
October 24, 2014 - 9:00am

The sexy cat costume is cheap and easy, but SO overdone. Here are some sexy and unique DIY costumes that you can totally rock this Halloween! 1. Where’s Waldo? A red and white striped shirt and glasses are all you need to become Waldo! You may have people constantly asking you where you are, but at least you'll look cute and creative!    2. The Energizer Bunny READ MORE

Malala Yousafzai: The Youngest Person to Win the Nobel Peace Prize

By Taylor Pittman
October 23, 2014 - 9:00am

When it comes to being 17, thoughts of finishing high school or going to college jump through the minds of those anticipating the transition from minor to legal adult. For Malala Yousafzai, being 17 comes with commendable bravery, devotion to education and the Nobel Peace Prize. Wise beyond her years, Yousafzai earned the honor by fearlessly dedicating her life to raising awareness for the rights of young girls and education for all. What is most admirable is her motivation to do this despite the danger around her. READ MORE

Five Recipes that May Actually Scare You

By Lindy Olive
October 21, 2014 - 2:39pm

We aren’t giving Halloween enough love in the food department. For Thanksgiving, bake a giant turkey and about twenty casseroles, and for Christmas, bake a ham and about one hundred desserts. If you don’t, it’s like sacrilege. Halloween kicks off the entire holiday season so it’s a little more awesome than we give it credit for! So forget the cutesy Pinterest replica cupcakes, and make a dish that actually scares someone! Wouldn’t that be so much more fun?!? Anyone can make the marshmallow ghosts, and everyone will think they are great, but they are kind of forgettable. READ MORE

Nordstrom Rack: Our Go-To for the Latest Trends

By Kerry Coppinger
October 19, 2014 - 2:53pm

On September 30 we were excited to get a visit from People StyleWatch, which invited everyone to its Celebrity Stylist on Campus tour on the Greenspace!  We met with StyleWatch’s TV Stylist & Market Editor Joiee Thorpe, who showed us how to wear the trends for every event this semester.   We were thrilled to get a personal appointment with Joiee.  After all, college is where we come to learn, and Joiee schooled us on finding designer duds with student funds.  One of her go-to brands is Nordstrom Rack, and with better deals and fashions than anything at the mall, it’s my new go-to as well! READ MORE

The Power Couple

By Delaney McDevitt
October 15, 2014 - 9:00am

The power couple; two iconic people coming together in a unified force to dominate the social scene with good looks, charitable acts, and beautiful babies. From Jay-Z and Beyoncé to Will and Kate, the power couple is a major force of both celebrity and literal royalty. We’ve seen some couples come and go and have invested ourselves in their public relationships portrayed in the media. Some of us may have even shed a tear or two when Brittany Spears and Justin Timberlake split, or when Brad Pitt left Jennifer Anniston for Angelina Jolie. But now, Justin is happily married to the stunning Jessica Biel and Brangelina have finally tied the knot and are raising an army of children who hit celebrity status the second they were recognized as the children of a...

The Top 5 Most Cliché Halloween Costumes

By Madison Grant
October 13, 2014 - 9:00am

Halloween is coming up! And that means most of you are running out of time to come up with a creative costume idea. Each year there are certain costumes that seem to pop up everywhere. So whatever you decide to be, stay away from these cliché costumes... unless you don't care to be clever or original.   Kitty Cat READ MORE

There Really is a Formula for Basic White Girl

By Lindy Olive
October 10, 2014 - 9:00am

One late night while studying I found a lovely depiction of, well, me. It was written on a white board on the second floor in RBD, telling everyone the formula for a “basic white girl.” I wanted to laugh, and yes, I did laugh. Some of it is true. Starbucks is pretty good, I have a Pinterest account, and I wear over-sized t-shirts. However, I don’t use the phrase “can’t even” and I have never had a PSL but I know young women all around me do those things. The more I read the more I didn’t like what this guy had to say about me and my friends. I apparently feel superior, care about my daddy’s money over love, and want to get my MRS degree. The formula made me feel personally attacked, using a stereotype to fill the details of my life. ...