Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Auburn News

Why Kate Middleton is Secretly the Perfect Sorority Girl

By Ana D'Ambrogi
April 16, 2014 - 3:28pm

I don’t know about you, but I have a very unhealthy obsession with the royal family. I have devoured every article about the wedding, the baby, and their vacations. I know Kate’s closet inside and out. I can tell when she is having a bad hair day (but let's be real, it never actually happens). But upon my potentially creepy examination into the life of Kate Middleton, I have discovered that she really is just like us! She can rock leggings for any occasion Although she is actually wearing her leggings to workout, unlike most college girls, she looks damn good pushing that precious stroller. READ MORE

Review: Andy Grammer takes on Auburn

By Hayley Meagher
April 9, 2014 - 9:00am

The campus social scene can be a tough sell during the football off-season, but Auburn University's Tiger Nights had a big hit with the concert on April 4th. Andy Grammer performed on stage in the greenspace outside the Student Center from 7:00 pm to 12:00 am, with plenty of time leading up to him actually performing. In the meantime, students could enjoy local favorite The Other Brothers, winner of 2013 Auburn Battle of the Bands and well-known around the area for their somehow chill yet energetic, Mumford and Sons-style sound.  READ MORE

Instead App: Turning Minor Purchases Into Major Contributions

By Taylor Pittman
April 7, 2014 - 10:53am

With tuition and textbook prices frequently increasing, college students cannot afford to be reckless when it comes to money. However, most students can manage a few dollars for a coffee break during finals week or a night out at the local movie theater after a long week of class. While these expenses may seem minor compared to other college costs, these amounts can actually make a huge impact. Many people do not realize how much a couple of dollars can do. Instead App wants to change that! READ MORE

4 Tips for Internships

By Alexis Brost
April 4, 2014 - 9:00am

With summer break fast approaching, it can be easy to get wrapped up in all the end-of-the-semester activities. Though college is about having fun, it’s also the stepping-stone to your future. So in the midst of Rodeo, A-Day, and the bounty of fraternity concerts to choose from, take steps to solidify your post-Auburn happiness, starting with the internship. READ MORE

Then & Now: Movies That Defined a Generation

By Savannah Downey
April 2, 2014 - 9:22am

There is honestly nothing I love more than nostalgia. If I see a Buzzfeed article reminiscing about 90’s Kids or a quiz begging the burning question of “What Full House Character Are You?” (Michelle, in case you were wondering), chances are I’ll click on it. The same goes for movies of any era. Whether blockbuster or total bust, the movies of each decade offer a time capsule-like glimpse of what life was like. With the 30th anniversary of “The Breakfast Club” detention celebrated last week, I found it fitting to go back and look at some of the most notable movies of previous generations and see how the same themes and trends are still prevalent today.  *Note: Remakes are not included for I find them utterly sacrilegious.   ...

Making a Quick Buck

By Ana D'Ambrogi
March 31, 2014 - 9:00am

No one knows the struggle of living on Wheat Thins, Ramen, and vodka quite like a collegiette. But what if you could make some fast cash without having to lift a finger (okay maybe a few fingers, but only once)?!? A fellow Auburn student is discovering his path to becoming a millionaire, and as his peers we can take this opportunity to make some cash and pioneer the latest trend. READ MORE

No Impact Week

By Hayley Meagher
March 28, 2014 - 9:00am

No Impact Week at Auburn University took place this year from Sunday, March 16th to Sunday, March 23rd as an initiative and reminder to reduce student and faculty’s impact on the environment. The hope for No Impact Week was to promote better lifestyles, from healthy living to international awareness to personal conservation initiatives. The Auburn University Sustainability Coalition and the College of Liberal Arts Community and Civic Engagement Initiative hosted the week-long challenge, with events each day intended to promote sustainability, according to the schedule as follows: ·         SUNDAY MARCH 16 - Trash  READ MORE

Pinterest: Pornography for Women

By Lindy Olive
March 26, 2014 - 9:00am

In some form or fashion almost everyone has come to the realization that social media outlets, the two most popular being Facebook and Twitter, are not good for us. They have created unrealistic expectations for our lives. In fact, most of the scholarly articles out there argue that they do way more harm than good for an individual’s psyche. Although I do agree that these things are true, I believe that Pinterest is actually the biggest problem of them all. Especially for women. READ MORE

Sweet Shailene: Young Hollywood's New Queen

By Taylor Pittman
March 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Being in the spotlight is hard, and growing up in the spotlight is even harder. For decades young celebrities have struggled with transitioning t from juvenile fame to matured success. For every Leonardo DiCaprio who makes his way from teen heartthrob to Academy Award nominee, there’s a Justin Bieber who racks up a criminal record before he can legally put a glass of alcohol to his lips. For every Reese Witherspoon who transitions from a little girl acting in films to a busy mother and producer, there’s an Amanda Bynes who can’t handle the pressure of fame. Some kids can’t handle it. But Shailene Woodley can. READ MORE

How To Survive Until Rodeo

By Ana D'Ambrogi
March 19, 2014 - 9:00am

Now that spring break is over, the remainder of the semester is going to seem to go on FOREVER! But don’t worry, because in just THREE weeks Alpha Psi Rodeo is here! And then from there the last few weeks of classes are a breeze. Making it to rodeo could be the biggest struggle of them all, but here are a few ways to make sure you stay on track and survive until then.   One Day at a Time Keep reminding yourself that you have one less day to go. No matter how stressful or miserable your day is, you have one day down! Just keep telling yourself that you can do it and you WILL make it through the day. Stay Focused READ MORE