Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Auburn News

Stress-Relieving Tips as Told by Cats

By Lindy Olive
April 23, 2014 - 9:00am

Finals are coming up way sooner than we would like, as usual. (The last time I checked it was barely March.) And the stress reliever that most people rely on to make it through the week is eating.  Like eating until we are miserably full. READ MORE

Waverly "Old 280" Boogie 2014

By Hayley Meagher
April 21, 2014 - 9:54am

The Waverly Boogie is a well-known outdoor music festival just north of Auburn University. It’s held in a grassy area, decorated with minimal string lighting for nighttime. The already-existing rustic buildings around the area provided the perfect ambiance. The Boogie was on April 19th this year from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM and was not short for a big crowd. Blankets and folded chairs casually set up around the lawn matched the laid-back feel of the event. Tickets were $20 ahead of time and $25 at the gate and canned alcohol was welcome.   READ MORE

Why You Need To Be Watching "Mad Men"

By Savannah Downey
April 18, 2014 - 9:00am

“Why You Need To Watch ‘Mad Men’”….as if you need a reason why. Aside from any associated stigmas (like that only your nostalgic older relatives watch the show), “Mad Men” has been hailed as one of the greatest dramas of our time (from the same channel as “Breaking Bad” no less). The first episode of the final season premiered this past Sunday, but that's no reason for you to avoid binge-watching the previous six seasons during study breaks. If you need any more convincing, read on.    READ MORE

National Princess Week presented by Her Campus Auburn

By Rachel Burns
April 17, 2014 - 9:00am

Join Her Campus Auburn for National Princess Week from April 21-24! National Princess Week traditionally falls on the last full week of April. We believe that every woman has an inner princess, and we want to celebrate your royalty. 
Her Campus will be hosting these events for Auburn collegiettes: Monday: Crowns on the Concourse             Come join us on the concourse from 10-2 pm as we make crowns. Show off your inner ruler in our Princess Photobooth! READ MORE

Why Kate Middleton is Secretly the Perfect Sorority Girl

By Ana D'Ambrogi
April 16, 2014 - 3:28pm

I don’t know about you, but I have a very unhealthy obsession with the royal family. I have devoured every article about the wedding, the baby, and their vacations. I know Kate’s closet inside and out. I can tell when she is having a bad hair day (but let's be real, it never actually happens). But upon my potentially creepy examination into the life of Kate Middleton, I have discovered that she really is just like us! She can rock leggings for any occasion Although she is actually wearing her leggings to workout, unlike most college girls, she looks damn good pushing that precious stroller. READ MORE

Review: Andy Grammer takes on Auburn

By Hayley Meagher
April 9, 2014 - 9:00am

The campus social scene can be a tough sell during the football off-season, but Auburn University's Tiger Nights had a big hit with the concert on April 4th. Andy Grammer performed on stage in the greenspace outside the Student Center from 7:00 pm to 12:00 am, with plenty of time leading up to him actually performing. In the meantime, students could enjoy local favorite The Other Brothers, winner of 2013 Auburn Battle of the Bands and well-known around the area for their somehow chill yet energetic, Mumford and Sons-style sound.  READ MORE

Instead App: Turning Minor Purchases Into Major Contributions

By Taylor Pittman
April 7, 2014 - 10:53am

With tuition and textbook prices frequently increasing, college students cannot afford to be reckless when it comes to money. However, most students can manage a few dollars for a coffee break during finals week or a night out at the local movie theater after a long week of class. While these expenses may seem minor compared to other college costs, these amounts can actually make a huge impact. Many people do not realize how much a couple of dollars can do. Instead App wants to change that! READ MORE

4 Tips for Internships

By Alexis Brost
April 4, 2014 - 9:00am

With summer break fast approaching, it can be easy to get wrapped up in all the end-of-the-semester activities. Though college is about having fun, it’s also the stepping-stone to your future. So in the midst of Rodeo, A-Day, and the bounty of fraternity concerts to choose from, take steps to solidify your post-Auburn happiness, starting with the internship. READ MORE

Then & Now: Movies That Defined a Generation

By Savannah Downey
April 2, 2014 - 9:22am

There is honestly nothing I love more than nostalgia. If I see a Buzzfeed article reminiscing about 90’s Kids or a quiz begging the burning question of “What Full House Character Are You?” (Michelle, in case you were wondering), chances are I’ll click on it. The same goes for movies of any era. Whether blockbuster or total bust, the movies of each decade offer a time capsule-like glimpse of what life was like. With the 30th anniversary of “The Breakfast Club” detention celebrated last week, I found it fitting to go back and look at some of the most notable movies of previous generations and see how the same themes and trends are still prevalent today.  *Note: Remakes are not included for I find them utterly sacrilegious.   ...

Making a Quick Buck

By Ana D'Ambrogi
March 31, 2014 - 9:00am

No one knows the struggle of living on Wheat Thins, Ramen, and vodka quite like a collegiette. But what if you could make some fast cash without having to lift a finger (okay maybe a few fingers, but only once)?!? A fellow Auburn student is discovering his path to becoming a millionaire, and as his peers we can take this opportunity to make some cash and pioneer the latest trend. READ MORE