Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Auburn Features

Your 8 a.m. Class After a Night of Drinking Told By "Orange Is the New Black"

By Nicole Fulkerson
September 19, 2014 - 9:00am

Going to an early class the night after going out is rough! The ladies of the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black definitely understand the struggle. Your first alarm goes off and your first thought is, “I’m gonna puke.” You lay in bed and hit snooze as many times as you can. You think you're dying, but it’s actually your hangover kicking in. Picking out an outfit while you’re this hungover is like: READ MORE

Top 10 Looks from New York Fashion Week

By Madison Grant
September 15, 2014 - 9:00am

Eight days and thousands of outfits later, New York Fashion Week has officially come to a close. To break down the best, I've chosen my top 10 looks from the best Spring 2015 collections.   Delpozo READ MORE

The Dos and Don'ts of Landing an Internship

By Taylor Pittman
September 10, 2014 - 9:00am

Classes may have just started but it is never too early to start looking into internships available for next semester. Internships provide helpful work experience and can set you apart from other job applicants. However, the application process can take time. It involves collecting your best work in order to show off your skills and formatting a perfect resume. It also involves deadlines, references and hopefully an interview or two. To avoid the stress that comes with finding and applying for an intern position, follow these dos and don’ts for landing the perfect internship. READ MORE

Eat This, Not That: Game Day ---Overtime Edition

By Lindy Olive
September 8, 2014 - 11:01am

Happy Tailgating season, because let’s be real--how many of you ladies actually enjoy the food more than the game!? Tailgate food is definitely some of the best of the year, maybe coming in second place after Christmas dinner. Everyone should enjoy the big burgers, wings, beer, and cheese dip occasionally, but if you are eating those heavy comfort foods every Saturday, then that bikini body is saying goodbye! Collegiettes, you want to feel good on game day, not tired and heavy from overeating. You want to be energized the entire night –long enough for overtime and going out afterwards. READ MORE

5 Reasons Why You Should Attend More Concerts

By Madison Grant
September 3, 2014 - 9:00am

One thing I've been focusing on lately has been to spend money on experiences rather than things, and for me that means going to more concerts.  There is just something so intoxicating about going to a live show and seeing the music you love come to life.  The excitement and energy you find at a live show is magical and is something that you can never quite get used to.  Nothing can compare to the moment when the artist walks out on stage and the first note rings out.  As the artist performs live what you've listened to over and over again on your iPod, the true relationship between a fan and a band begins.   READ MORE

The Real Housewives of Fraternity Pledgeship

By Alexis Brost
September 1, 2014 - 9:00am

We all know and love the crazy cast of characters that make up Bravo’s series “The Real Housewives”. From their insane fights to quirky one-liners, these women make for some of the best reality television. Faithful viewers know the ladies are always down to party, but what would they have to say about the horror that is known across campus as pledgeship? Here’s how the women would react to process of joining a fraternity.

A Feminist Rant on Nike Shorts and T-shirts

By Lindy Olive
August 29, 2014 - 9:00am

For this article,“Nike shorts and t-shirts” actually refers to any kind of comfortable women’s apparel. Over the summer, so many exciting and new things happened in my life. I interned at an urban garden and started working at an amazing restaurant, learning new techniques and honing my cooking skills. My restaurant job is, um, interesting, because, until recently, I have been the only female working in the kitchen. Side note: I absolutely love my job; everyone helps me out and, for work, it can be fun. READ MORE

5 Tips For Grad School Applications

By Amy Arnold
August 27, 2014 - 9:00am

Senior year is upon many of us, and with this year comes the soul-crushing knowledge that it is time to apply for graduate school. The thought of going to graduate school is not nearly as scary as the thought of applying for it. Essentially, a common application company has decided that your entire life and worth as a student can be boiled down to three sheets of paper. It can feel absolutely overwhelming to think that your dream school is going to look at those three sheets of paper to decide your fate. Despite all of this, everything is going to be okay.   1.        Relax. READ MORE

Why You Shouldn't Judge a Book By Its Movie

By Taylor Pittman
August 25, 2014 - 9:00am

When it comes to books, young adult fiction tops the list. Authors of this genre create stories and characters that compel readers to create connections. For example, John Green who wrote “The Fault in Our Stars” has gained fans around the globe who became emotionally invested in Augustus Waters, Hazel Lancaster and the love between them. In fact, readers become so enthralled with their favorite books that Hollywood takes on movie adaptations of these beloved stories in order to bring them to life on the big screen. READ MORE

Prepared Packing: What to Bring for a Music Fest

By Leah Burns
June 12, 2014 - 11:00am

Music fests are usually multi-day camping trips. This isn’t like any ol’ camping trip, however; overnight, a small city pops up in the middle of nowhere! It can be tough to figure out what to bring and what to buy at the festival. Here is a packing list to prepare any colligette! I specifically used this packing list for Bonnaroo but it can easily be adjusted for any location.   Essentials Tickets Extra keys Cash (ATMs are usually around but they charge a high fee) Printed schedule Campsite READ MORE