Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Auburn Features

The 5 People You See on Campus

By Ana D'Ambrogi
October 1, 2014 - 11:33am

The Athlete If the standard blue and white Under Armour backpack isn’t a dead give-away, or the fact that they are in head to toe Auburn apparel, then just look for someone with not an ounce of fat on them and a face that says ‘If the sun is up, I’m up.’  The Basic B*tch Whether a boy or a girl, the Basic B*tch is dressed in your stereotypical college attire. As a girl BB, she is decked in her fave Norts, an over-sized t-shirt and those (in my opinion) terrible shoes called Chacos when they've never stepped foot on a hike. She is also most likely carrying a venti Pumpkin Spice Latte. The men are even more basic in their khaki shorts and frocket, with of course a dip tin stashed in the back pocket  READ...

Body Positivity

By Sarah Spivey
September 30, 2014 - 9:00am

Make the choice to love the body that you have! We have been given such incredible bodies that are capable of doing such amazing things so it’s about time that we learn to give our bodies all the appreciation they deserve.
  READ MORE

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose: Why Friday Night Lights was the Greatest Show on TV

By Madison Grant
September 29, 2014 - 4:14pm

Friday Night Lights has been the perfect guilty pleasure TV show since the first episode aired in 2006.  Despite the reruns, reunions, and binge-watching on Netflix, nothing has helped lessen the pain of losing one of the best TV series ever made. Based on the best-selling novel and the 2004 film of the same name, this TV drama follows the lives of the players, their families, friends, and the coach of a high school football team in Dillon, Texas.  In this small town, football is a religion and the players are like gods. But the TV show is so much more than that! READ MORE

Emma Watson and Feminism: Reaching a New Audience

By Taylor Pittman
September 24, 2014 - 9:00am

From portraying strong female characters to standing up for her fellow female celebrities, Emma Watson frequently brings attention to the stereotypical gender norms of today's society. Now Watson is taking her mission a step further with her new role as Goodwill Ambassador for UN Women, a United Nations organization focused on gender equality. The actress delivered a speech in New York at the UN Headquarters where she defined feminism and called for action for equal rights for women. Instead of focusing on a typically female audience, Watson reached out to a much different demographic: men. READ MORE

Pros and Cons featuring Angels: Victoria’s Secret Models Gone Really Nude

By Lindy Olive
September 22, 2014 - 11:05am

Photographer Russell James has a new album out titled Angels, featuring thirty-five Victoria’s Secret Models posing in the nude. The photos are part of a series of beautiful things on this planet, including places, things, and women. I have not seen the full book, nor do I know much about this artist, but as a writer, super opinionated person, and feminist, let’s discuss the pros and cons of his work.   READ MORE

Your 8 a.m. Class After a Night of Drinking Told By "Orange Is the New Black"

By Nicole Fulkerson
September 19, 2014 - 9:00am

Going to an early class the night after going out is rough! The ladies of the Netflix original series Orange is the New Black definitely understand the struggle. Your first alarm goes off and your first thought is, “I’m gonna puke.” You lay in bed and hit snooze as many times as you can. You think you're dying, but it’s actually your hangover kicking in. Picking out an outfit while you’re this hungover is like: READ MORE

Top 10 Looks from New York Fashion Week

By Madison Grant
September 15, 2014 - 9:00am

Eight days and thousands of outfits later, New York Fashion Week has officially come to a close. To break down the best, I've chosen my top 10 looks from the best Spring 2015 collections.   Delpozo READ MORE

The Dos and Don'ts of Landing an Internship

By Taylor Pittman
September 10, 2014 - 9:00am

Classes may have just started but it is never too early to start looking into internships available for next semester. Internships provide helpful work experience and can set you apart from other job applicants. However, the application process can take time. It involves collecting your best work in order to show off your skills and formatting a perfect resume. It also involves deadlines, references and hopefully an interview or two. To avoid the stress that comes with finding and applying for an intern position, follow these dos and don’ts for landing the perfect internship. READ MORE

Eat This, Not That: Game Day ---Overtime Edition

By Lindy Olive
September 8, 2014 - 11:01am

Happy Tailgating season, because let’s be real--how many of you ladies actually enjoy the food more than the game!? Tailgate food is definitely some of the best of the year, maybe coming in second place after Christmas dinner. Everyone should enjoy the big burgers, wings, beer, and cheese dip occasionally, but if you are eating those heavy comfort foods every Saturday, then that bikini body is saying goodbye! Collegiettes, you want to feel good on game day, not tired and heavy from overeating. You want to be energized the entire night –long enough for overtime and going out afterwards. READ MORE

5 Reasons Why You Should Attend More Concerts

By Madison Grant
September 3, 2014 - 9:00am

One thing I've been focusing on lately has been to spend money on experiences rather than things, and for me that means going to more concerts.  There is just something so intoxicating about going to a live show and seeing the music you love come to life.  The excitement and energy you find at a live show is magical and is something that you can never quite get used to.  Nothing can compare to the moment when the artist walks out on stage and the first note rings out.  As the artist performs live what you've listened to over and over again on your iPod, the true relationship between a fan and a band begins.   READ MORE