Movies Coming Out in 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

If you’re a movie fanatic like me, 2017 is going to be a fantastic year. 2017 is going to be a big year cinematically with some great movies coming out like Thor: Ragnarok, Star Wars Episode VIII, Spider-Man: Homecoming, another Pirates of the Caribbean movie and many, many more big box-office hits. 

Starting in January of 2017, a popular movie that is expected to be good is A Dog’s Purpose. This movie trailer went viral all over Facebook recently and appeals to many animal lovers, especially dog owners. A Dog’s Purpose is about a dog who discovers the purpose of his life over the course of many lifetimes and owners. This movie stars Dennis Quaid and Britt Robertson. This movie will be touching and heartfelt, alongside some comedy.

Coming out in March is a classic tale that dates back several decades. This story has been told countless times and made into several movies already; however, Hollywood is choosing to remake a new version of Beauty and the Beast. This movie will be a live-action retelling of the classic Disney Beauty and the Beast tale, starring Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as the Beast/Prince. It is expected to be a big hit and it shouldn’t disappoint. 

Now, a big surprise coming to theaters in May is another movie in the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales will star, of course, Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow and Orlando Bloom as Will Turner. In this movie, Captain Jack Sparrow finds himself in big trouble as his old nemesis, Captain Salazar, escapes from Devil’s Triangle, determined to kill him and every other pirate. In order to stay alive, Captain Jack must find Poseidon’s Trident. This fifth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean will be packed with action, adventure and excitement. 

Just when you thought the Transformer’s series was done, they decided to come out with another movie called Transformers: The Last Knight. This movie is to come out in June and will star Mark Wahlberg and Josh Duhamel. It will be a sequel to the last movie, Transformers: Age of Extinction, that came out in 2014. All of the Transformers movies have done extremely well and have been big hits, so we expect nothing less of this movie.

Another movie that is coming out in July is Spider-Man: Homecoming. I know, I know, there have already been five Spider-Man movies and two different actors portraying Spider-Man, but here comes another one! Tom Holland will be playing the new Spider-Man and has already made his debut as Spider-Man in Captain America 3: Civil War. While it’s confusing that there are so many different Spider-Man movies, this movie should be even better as Marvel movies tend to get better and better. It’ll definitely be interesting to see if Tom Holland can top Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. 

Another movie coming from the Avengers crew is Thor’s third movie, Thor: Ragnarok, coming out in November. This will star our favorites: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo. Like I said earlier, the Marvel Studios movies continue to come out with amazing, action packed movies that always leave their viewers wanting more. This movie will no doubt be a big hit in 2017. 

Lastly, Star Wars: Episode VIII is coming to theaters in December. This movie follows up with the last Star Wars movie released last December, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This will be the movie where Rey finally meets up with Luke Skywalker and continues her epic adventure. Star Wars fans all over the world are counting down the days until they can see this next movie in the Star Wars series.

These are just a few of the amazing movies coming out in 2017 that are expected to be big blockbuster hits. Below is a list of more movies coming out in 2017. Get excited because this’ll be a great year for movies so gather up your popcorn, candy and soda and get comfy! 

More movies coming out in 2017:

• Fifty Shades Darker
  • King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
  • Power Rangers
  • Fast 8
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  • Baywatch
  • Wonder Woman
  • Cars 3
  • Despicable Me 3
  • War for the Planet of the Apes
  • The Equalizer 2
  • Creed 2
  • Pitch Perfect 3

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Source 4

Source 5

Source 6

Movie Sources