How to Achieve Rih’s Look Using Clothes You Already Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

People love Rihanna’s style, no doubt about it. Some may even say she’s a fashion guru. Rihanna is famous for mixing different unique clothing pieces together. She uses her creative style to throw colors together in a way that works.

This year Rihanna went all out with her outfits at the VMA’s. After watching her performances, many people started to talk about and even attempt to replicate her color scheme.

Rihanna first performed in a diamond choker, a red and white body suit, and a corset and belt combo with white fury boots. She finished things off with a classic red lip. As if that wasn’t enough, she had pink lights shining on the all-white ensemble.

To achieve the cute color scheme you could wear a pink shirt or body suit. You could wear any kind of pants, but white or a light colored jean would look great. For this outfit and color scheme, make-up will set it off because of the contrast of the red lip, red and white top, white shoes and pink lights.

For her next performance, Rihanna wore a white t-shirt pulled over the back of her head, a black do-rag over the t-shirt, a pink satin bra with pink fur across the top, green fishnet tights, and black jogger pants.

To achieve this look, try black jeans, a light pink bralette or crop top, and a green long sleeve shirt or flannel around the waist.

For Rihanna’s third performance she wore a black oversized jacket with a fox across the shoulder, plus a black leotard with thigh-high black boots. She also wore silver brooches and chains, which I thought brought it all together.

To achieve this cool, wintry look, wear a black sweatshirt that isn’t too big or a jacket with black jeans and black thigh high boots. And if you’re not opposed to it, wear silver brooches and chains to top it off.