The Hottest Celebrity Singles—Summer Crush Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Every girl dreams of that life-changing summer fling. The walks on the beach at sunset, the play fights in the pool, and the late-night ice cream runs with the cutest boy you’ve ever seen. Of course, that’s a fantasy manufactured by movies and rarely ever happens. But luckily, Hollywood supplies plenty of hot guys for us to daydream about while working on our tans, and these bachelors are everywhere this summer.

Josh Hutcherson may have risen to superstardom since taking on the role of Peeta Mellark in The Hunger Games, but this 19 year old has been on the celebrity radar for several years now. He’s been acting professionally for almost ten years, staring in the critically-acclaimed film The Kids are All Right and the Journey movies. It was on the set of Journey 2: The Mysterious Island where he met ex-girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens. But this southern cutie is currently single, and you can always catch him as the hot blonde baker in theatres when the Alabama sun gets a little too hot.

Zac Efron….what more do I need to say? Zac is the prime example that some boys get better looking with age. He too is one of Vanessa Hudgens’s failed relationships, which leaves me wondering what she is doing to drive these undeniably hot guys away. Zac’s star has definitely risen since his High School Musical days, and he has joined the elite group of sexy celebs who star in adaptations of Nicholas Sparks’s epic romances. Catch the 23-year-old onscreen as ex-Marine Logan in The Lucky One and take a minute to appreciate what a bona-fide hottie he is.

Chace Crawford has been flitting around the Hollywood dating scene since he really arrived on the scene playing Nate on Gossip Girl. But he is taking it slow and staying single for once, giving girls the chance to really swoon as he woos Anna Kendrick in this summer’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting. The gorgeous Texan, 26, plays a soon-to-be father after a one-night stand attempting to stick by his fling’s side in the movie, which opened May 18th. And he’s always available on box sets of Gossip Girl!

One Direction’s Harry Styles and Niall Horan are the only confirmed single members of the British-Irish boy band, but that is quite all right because they are absolutely adorable. Although these two are the youngest members of the band (Harry is the baby having just turned 18, Niall will be 19 this September), they are just as fun-loving and “cheeky” as the rest of the boys. Harry, with his curls, dimples, and charming smile is definitely the ladies’ man—he previously dated UK television host Caroline Flack, 15 years his senior! Niall’s spiky blonde hair, Irish accent, and guitar skills are positively delicious. You can catch these two, along with their equally hot, yet taken, band mates Liam, Louis, and Zayn, on their debut album Up All Night or on their tour DVD of the same name, which is released on May 29th.

Cam Newton is Auburn’s pride and joy, and you know us southern belles love our football stars! Cam is coming off his record-breaking rookie season as the star of the Carolina Panthers and somehow he’s gotten better looking as his fame grows. Since he’s busy with Gatorade and Under Armour endorsements in addition to practicing for the upcoming season, Cam doesn’t really have time for a girlfriend. And that is why he is the Auburn girl’s hottest single celebrity crush for the scorching summer ahead of us!

Summer is a currently a senior student at Auburn University. As a journalism major she actively enjoys writing and is the co-founder and current Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus branch at Auburn, as well as a writer for the Greek newspaper The Odyssey. In addition, Summer is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta, PRSSA and the Society of Professional Journalists. Summer loves fashion and enjoys blogging about her personal style.