Holiday Gift Guide: College Women Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Wondering what to get your picky college gal for Christmas? Here’s a few ideas that are sure to impress.

Jewelry

Clothes can be hit or miss, and sizing is always an issue. Giving accessories is the perfect way to add some flare to a wardrobe without all the hassle. Some popular brands among the college

scene are Kendra Scott, Raw & Rebellious or Pandora. There’s always David Yurman if you’re feeling especially generous! Pictured is the Pandora Sparkling Love Knot Pendant for $60.00.

Collegiate Memorabilia

Reppin’ your school never goes out of style. I’m always reaching for a travel coffee mug, beanie, scarf or blanket during the winter. Having those in my school colors or with the logo on it is always a plus. Amazon is great place to find anything like this. Your student will love it! Pictured is an Auburn scarf from Amazon for $24.99.

Gift Cards

Whether it’s Dominos or a pre-paid Visa card, this gift is one that you can’t go wrong with! It’s a known fact in college: You’re always hungry, and consequently, always broke. Help save a college student today! Pictured is a Dominos gift card for all the hungry college students.

Handbags

Sadly, my backpack serves as a purse more often than not. It’s not glamorous, but it’s the truth. However, when I’m not lugging it around, I’m always reaching for a tote bag. When I don’t need much, I take a small cross-body. Totes are great because they can double as an overnight bag and carry-on bags. Some of my favorite totes are from Target or Fossil. You can find a cross-body anywhere, but some of the most fashionable can be found at Rebecca Minkoff or Tory Burch. Pictured is the Sofia Clutch from Rebecca Minkoff, originally $245.00 and on sale for $86.00.

Skincare

Chances are, your college sweetie has been through a quarter-life crisis whilst away from home. I know I have. One day you feel like a baby, and the next morning you put on your makeup and see the inevitable: A smile line, a dark circle or a break out. *shudder* If you’re not sure what to get, start with a basic cleanser. That way, they don’t have an excuse not to take off their makeup from the night before. My favorite is Purity by Philosophy, pictured, which is $11.00 from their website. Want to pick a few things from a range? Check out Mario Badescu or Murad.

Any one or any combination of these gifts is sure to put a smile on her face come Christmas morning! Happy Shopping and Happy Holidays!

Hey, y'all!  Thanks for stopping by! Hope you find something of mine that you'll love to read.
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.