neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Finals Survival Tips Told by Cute Animals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

It’s that time of year again. You come home from Thanksgiving break refreshed from the full nights of sleep you got to the most stressful two weeks of the semester. Here’s a few ways to make sure finals run smoothly! Also, cute animals are the best.

1. Plan ahead: Figure out the dates of all your finals and put them in your planner or calendar. The worst thing that could happen is forgetting a final. Once you know exactly when each final is, you can plan what days you need to study what subject.

2. Eat good food: It can be easy to only eat junk food during finals, but healthy food means a healthy mind! Pack some baby carrots if you crave chips. The crunchiness will satisfy that crunchy chip craving. If you are more into sweets, opt for fruit or granola bars.

3. Drink enough water: Staying hydrated is essential during finals week. Drinking water can keep you energized and keep headaches at bay. It’s suggested to drink half of your body weight in fluid ounces.

4. Sleep, sleep, sleep: This is the most important finals tip. Not only does a full night of sleep keep you energized and make your mind sharp, but also sleeping keeps your immune system on point. Lack of sleep can cause confusion and reduces your ability to focus.

5.  Take breaks: Your mind can only focus on one thing for so long. If you feel stuck, take a 20-minute break to walk around the library or play a game on your phone. Set an alarm so you remember to get back to work.

6. Don’t be too relaxed: Finals are serious and have the possibility to make or break your grade. Try to do as well as you can, even if you think you will fail. Because a little studying is better than none.

(Do not do what these dogs are doing)

7.  Resist the urge to go out weekend: Don’t do what this cat is doing, save that for after finals.

8. When you are done, let it go! You have a whole month of break to look forward to!

Gifs Via http://gify.com

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.