Dressing Cute for Class- It Can Be Done

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

College can get hectic, which can make it difficult to keep up with your stylish status. It’s also a must for your outfits to be sensible and comfortable, because you typically do a lot of walking outside! It’s no secret that the general campus ‘uniform’ tends to be baggy t-shirts and Nike shorts or yoga pants. While there’s nothing wrong with that ‘look’ there are better ways to dress with comfort and originality. Here are some tips that will help you throw together some cute and casual outfits that you won’t have to put much thought into!

Statement Socks- My favorite go-to trend at the moment are statement socks. From knee highs to crochet trimmed socks- you just can’t go wrong by adding them to any outfit. Pair some cute socks with combat boots and you will be warm enough for a chilly morning walk to class, and also look like you put more effort into your outfit!

Scarves- Simply adding a scarf to any outfit does wonders for your look. When you are wearing a scarf it is one of the first things that people will look at and it makes your outfit look just about one hundred percent more put together. You can also recreate one outfit just by changing up what scarf you pair with it!

Layering- Layering is often times over looked, but it can give dimension to the simplest (and comfiest) outfits. Put a sweater underneath a jacket and have the sleeves visible to add a different element to your look. Or, if it’s not that cold out, you can wear a lace undershirt beneath a plain sweater and it will make it look like you put more thought into your quick go-to outfit than you actually did. 

Throw on a flannel- Flannels are a great piece that go great with all of your favorite t-shirts. Put a flannel over your shirt and it will add so much more to your simple outfit. Flannels are super comfortable and never go out of style, so you can always depend on them!

Fun Sneakers- You can’t exactly wear your favorite wedges to class, because you most likely have to walk half a mile to get there! Just because your shoes need to be comfortable doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with them. Experiment with different types of sneakers and try finding a pattern that will make you stand out (and also match your outfits.)