Dreaming of Snow Days!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

It’s no surprise that our lovely home of Alabama, the bi-polar weather state, has decided to bless us with days on end of blisteringly cold wind coupled with below-freezing temperatures and an appalling lack of snow. When you compare this to last year’s Auburn “snowpocalypse,” it’s hard not to complain about the fact that Auburn is no winter wonderland where classes get cancelled all the time, but instead we have to brave the wind and weather to get to our 8:00 classes.

As much as you’d love to do this in the snow instead of learning…

And you beg the weather gods for just enough snow and ice that the tiger transit buses do this…

You end up going to class and looking a little bit like this…

Or this, minus the snow…

And even though you might start the day out looking cute…

And you think the windblown look could possibly work for you…

You end up on the struggle bus looking like…

And then when that cutie from class comments on your appearance, you’re like…

And even though you’re so excited when class is finally over…

It means you have to venture back out into the cold…

So you decide you need some coffee stat…

But the line at Starbucks is so ridiculously long…

That you decide that this is the only option…

But even though the weather might hate us right now…

We love our little town of Auburn, even though it might be the windiest village on the plains!

Rep Image

Gif 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Meghan is a senior at Auburn majoring in microbiology and minoring in journalism. She has been a contributing writer for Her Campus since her freshman year of college, and she absolutely loves it! Her life is made up of alternating periods of stress and relaxation, but full of joy. She loves octopi, Dr. Pepper and strong jawlines.