Wellness > Mental Health

For The College Student That Needs A Little Hope & Scripture For Second Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

You know there’s this wild thing called eternity. It’s a beautifully frightening thing. Eternity incorporates everything the human life has to offer. Happiness. Sadness. Anger. Laughter. Love. All of these run through this idea everyone is drunk off of. The word eternal or eternity gets thrown around like an old rag doll by people who don’t have the capability to understand what it actually is. However, eternity is easiest understood through The Lord. Whatever challenges we encounter or when circumstances are uncertain, especially as college students, we can rest easy knowing we’ve always got someone watching over us to help us down the right path. So here are five of the best pieces of scripture I look to when I need a reminder that my second semester classes aren’t going to kill me, and that I have an eternal supporter.

1. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” Colossians 3:23

2. “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.” Proverbs 16:9

3. “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.” Ecclesiastes 9:10

4. “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.” Psalms 143:10

5. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

Lily Haire

Auburn '21

Lily is a junior seeking a Marketing degree here at Auburn University. This is her third year with Her Campus and she LOVES it!  When she isn't studying hard and working on Her Campus, she enjoys jamming to music in the car, working as a staff member for the Glomerata, reading all things F. Scott Fitzgerald, eating peanut butter straight outta the jar, and watching Netflix. Some of her favorite things include sunsets, beaches, good food, and cuddling with her goldendoodle and german shepherd pups.
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.