Best Coffee Shops in Auburn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

I’m a coffee fanatic, drinking it all day, everyday, and I have a lot of coffee shops here in Auburn that I go to regularly. Midterms are coming up, so I thought this would be a great time to share off-campus coffee shops to study at. Here are some of my favorites that you should go check out:

Coffee Cat

A fabulous name for a fabulous place. Coffee Cat is the perfect place to study, meet with friends or just to grab a good cup of coffee. They’re known for cool drink names, like the Beyoncé or Harry Styles. The latte art is truly remarkable here!

Ross House Coffee Company

Ross House just opened this semester. It used to be an abandoned house next to the 160 Ross Apartments. The owners saw an opportunity to renovate an old house into a trendy coffee shop. Since it used to be an old house, there are several rooms spread out in the coffee shop, which makes for the perfect study space.

Prevail Union

Located right across from Samford Hall. Prevail is a quaint coffee shop. Small, yet cozy. I’m a huge fan of their breakfast biscuits. You can get it on either a sweet or jalapeño-cheddar biscuit. It’s absolutely delicious.

Side Track Coffee

Although this coffee shop is located in Opelika, I had to include it on this list, because it’s just so good. This place is so cool. The white aesthetic here is wonderful. All white inside. With inspirational quotes surrounding the shop. This place is also a great place to study, since it’s a little farther than the other coffee shops, not many students know about it. I would definitely say this is a hidden gem.

Jade Grogan is a senior at Auburn University studying Public Relations. 
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.